New Rifle , Hw100 Maybe

A bit off topic - ish , but just had a call from my local gun club ,( they new I was after a hw ) and someone has a HW97KT for sale . I don't know much about them other than its an underlever and single shot but maybe better than what I have . Really need something better to get on top off the rats. This is more in my price range I must say. :thumbs:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Rowan   I bought a brand new HW100s in .177 about a year ago, and it is by far the most reliable, accurate and well made rifle that I have ever owned. And that includes my old mk 1 .22 Rapid 7 (I

hw 100 ks in .177 cal a very good choice ,I had 1 for nv use and couldn't fault it...Bomb proof nearly as good as my bsa ultra

great stuff , thanks , its good to be able to get all the advice you need from all the forum guys , cheers .   Well after all that it's a Hw100 carbine sporter for me , for sure.

That was close , yes a nice gun , but I nearly let my wallet rule my head . Definitely going to wait for the HW100 , after all the great comments everyone has on here for them .

I guess its better to cry once , pay once. :D

• Like 1

If its any help Rowan - i have two 100`s ( .177 and .22 ) and am looking for a top springer as "back up " - says it all mate , get a HW 100 for your 1st choice rifle.

When you hunt with a HW 100 and miss ,- the only reason for the miss is the person shooting this rifle.

atb

Edited by mark williams
  • Like 1

Same ,I have Two HW100kt one in .177 and the other in .22 plus two HW97 one in each cal again , I all so have a BSA Ultra m/s .177 and that will match any air gun pellet for pellet any day of the week , including the HW100 and any Daystate !!

• Like 2

I am thinking of selling my Air Arms bora , (its fitted with a gas ram ), and getting a HW100 instead , which model I don't know ???

The only reason for a change is I have the chance of a fair amount of rat shooting and figure a magazine will enable quicker / more shots to be taken , plus the Bora although a great gun is a little on the heavy side .

Any feed back would be much appreciated, thanks.

Hello,

Are you going to be buying new or used? If new and you are anywhere near Manchester at any time soon Branthwaite's are selling them for £725. I've just bought one to replace my 10 year old one (I haven't had a new gun since Christmas1978 and I decided at that price it was time to treat myself) and found them a pleasure to deal with. I have opted for the full length model in .177 with a thumbhole stock (I'm a lefty so can't use the Sporter stock as they're only available in right handed mode and the pistol grip is dedicated for right handed people so it's more than just the cheek piece for me to consider).

My old T/H full length .177 (non quickfill) will be up for sale soon which has an adjustable cheek piece if you're considering going down the used route.

If you're interested send me a pm and I will send you some pictures and more details.

Regards,

Gary.

• Like 1

If its any help Rowan - i have two 100`s ( .177 and .22 ) and am looking for a top springer as "back up " - says it all mate , get a HW 100 for your 1st choice rifle.

When you hunt with a HW 100 and miss ,- the only reason for the miss is the person shooting this rifle.

atb

SHOULD ALL WAYS LEARN WITH A SPRINGER FIRST THEN MOVE TO PCP :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

makes you a better shooter i think.

Or you pick up a springer and when you fire it it kicks back into your shoulder and

WHAT THE FECK was that then you wonder why you cant hit any thing and stand there scratching your heads

all you smk 100kt lads are to soft :whistling: :whistling: :whistling::tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

I am thinking of selling my Air Arms bora , (its fitted with a gas ram ), and getting a HW100 instead , which model I don't know ???

The only reason for a change is I have the chance of a fair amount of rat shooting and figure a magazine will enable quicker / more shots to be taken , plus the Bora although a great gun is a little on the heavy side .

Any feed back would be much appreciated, thanks.

Hello,

Are you going to be buying new or used? If new and you are anywhere near Manchester at any time soon Branthwaite's are selling them for £725. I've just bought one to replace my 10 year old one (I haven't had a new gun since Christmas1978 and I decided at that price it was time to treat myself) and found them a pleasure to deal with. I have opted for the full length model in .177 with a thumbhole stock (I'm a lefty so can't use the Sporter stock as they're only available in right handed mode and the pistol grip is dedicated for right handed people so it's more than just the cheek piece for me to consider).

My old T/H full length .177 (non quickfill) will be up for sale soon which has an adjustable cheek piece if you're considering going down the used route.

If you're interested send me a pm and I will send you some pictures and more details.

Regards,

Gary.

Well this lads got an excuse as to why he has to have a kt so ill let him off as for the rest of you kt clan

:feck: :feck: :feck::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Think its going to be a new Hw100 for me thanks all the same for the offer , have been to two gunshops in Norfolk , one quoted £745 , the other £755 , both said any model, that's all I need to decide now , really need to choose the right one as I will be forking out more money for one than my rimmie was new with scope/mounts , a sling and 2 spare mags. :hmm:

• Like 1

Well by model after handling them , I am after a sporter , but full length or carbine,hmmm.

Get the carbine pal..you don't need more than 50-60 shot's when hunting ,some time's I've been out all day/night and only shot a dozen vermin ,It's a lot more pointable to if shooting out a 4x4

atb john

• Like 2