Wheaton Lines,

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This lad ain,t well making statements like this , somebody get him a doctor and get him admitted .

I ended up doing a search on it myself , and sat reading over it again ,some good reading from oul times , I ended up laughing again at that FLASHER {RIP } one ,trying to steal back that crystal he

While out with a certain diging club from NI one sunday we dug to a terrier i owned and upon breaking through we lifted the terrier thinking it was a stop and a wheaton was entered to finish off the j

Can anyone tell me about wheaton lines the ones I'm looking into are finnigan, par, and Gorman has anyone got experience with these lines or photos thanks tony

Honestly think mate , if you do a search on this site ,you will defintley find some interesting threads on here about Wheatens , they have been talked about for years . There might even be a few photo,s up of old ones . Just sit back with a cup of tea and do a search on Wheatens [did I spell it right :thumbs: ] ,you,ll enjoy the craic of reading up on them and get a bit of an education in the process .Type in Working Wheaten Lines . im to old to know that fancy cut and pasting links job

Can anyone tell me about wheaton lines the ones I'm looking into are finnigan, par, and Gorman has anyone got experience with these lines or photos thanks tony

Honestly think mate , if you do a search on this site ,you will defintley find some interesting threads on here about Wheatens , they have been talked about for years . There might even be a few photo,s up of old ones . Just sit back with a cup of tea and do a search on Wheatens [did I spell it right :thumbs: ] ,you,ll enjoy the craic of reading up on them and get a bit of an education in the process .Type in Working Wheaten Lines . im to old to know that fancy cut and pasting links job
spot on jimmys shop

spot on jimmys shop

I ended up doing a search on it myself , and sat reading over it again ,some good reading from oul times , I ended up laughing again at that FLASHER {RIP } one ,trying to steal back that crystal he sold us , the wheaten that grabbed him was named Bomber , ill be corrected if im wrong :thumbs: . What a dog . Where do,s the years go , they were the good weekends away and laughs .

• Like 3

spot on jimmys shop

I ended up doing a search on it myself , and sat reading over it again ,some good reading from oul times , I ended up laughing again at that FLASHER {RIP } one ,trying to steal back that crystal he sold us , the wheaten that grabbed him was named Bomber , ill be corrected if im wrong :thumbs: . What a dog . Where do,s the years go , they were the good weekends away and laughs .
good lad mr shop that flasher was terror :)

spot on jimmys shop

im laughing Saucy , excuse the pun Bomber was pure Terror , :laugh::laugh: , them brits or cops couldn,t attempt to walk past the garden

it would,ve ate the hole of them . :laugh::laugh:

spot on jimmys shop

im laughing Saucy , excuse the pun Bomber was pure Terror , :laugh::laugh: , them brits or cops couldn,t attempt to walk past the gardenit would,ve ate the hole of them . :laugh::laugh:
take your word on it lol , rip flasher ..

A mate of mine has a wheaten bitch which he digs too, and her temp is great with people and other dogs,

how the hell you'd dig to a wheaten is beyond me,maybe the breeds gone smaller(dwarfed id think)i had a few over the years and they were never digable,like tanks more like. any photos of the smaller versions of the wheaten crosses.

• Like 1

A mate of mine has a wheaten bitch which he digs too, and her temp is great with people and other dogs,

how the hell you'd dig to a wheaten is beyond me,maybe the breeds gone smaller(dwarfed id think)i had a few over the years and they were never digable,like tanks more like. any photos of the smaller versions of the wheaten crosses.
I have.a.wheatenxgrey and had never seen a wheaton till recently and thought the same how the feck does it go down a hole lol looks like a kerry blue to me

Believe it or not when I was young I seen a chap (considered himself one of the greats) stick a collar on a wheaten and let it go to ground.

I thought there's something funny about this but we did have to dig to the dog.

We had no choice, it got stuck,LOL.

wheatenworked2.jpg

thats a dog in JD's book (page 94 i think),we worked him for a bit,fair useless lump of a dog.

terriersoflongago010.jpg

in the foreground is a half wheaten/russell that we dug to regular and in the background was her half sister,a full wheaten we worked regular also. thats the only way in my opinion you could get a wheaten to ground,by cross breeding it to reduce size.

• Like 1

Believe it or not when I was young I seen a chap (considered himself one of the greats) stick a collar on a wheaten and let it go to ground.

I thought there's something funny about this but we did have to dig to the dog.

We had no choice, it got stuck,LOL.

That mustv,e been many at least 45 years ago Neill when you were young , :tongue2: . ,

at least yous gotta dig to a stuck dog , you know and I know we,ve tried wheaten x terrier ,

they are either to big and if by luck you get a small one then they are to hard and your lucky getting

two seasons out of them .

saucy very very rare you get big burrows for wheatens to travel ,.

• Like 1