Wheaton Lines,

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This lad ain,t well making statements like this , somebody get him a doctor and get him admitted .

I ended up doing a search on it myself , and sat reading over it again ,some good reading from oul times , I ended up laughing again at that FLASHER {RIP } one ,trying to steal back that crystal he

While out with a certain diging club from NI one sunday we dug to a terrier i owned and upon breaking through we lifted the terrier thinking it was a stop and a wheaton was entered to finish off the j

Darcy had a book, I think it was called Game Dogs of Ireland, there were picture and details of some of the breeding/lines of wheatens.

I enjoy reading the posts about the lines of Patterdale, russells and running dogs, they can be some of the best reading on here. I'm sure a wheaten thread would be just the same.

I saw a very good line of wheatens work years ago and would be interested to know if anyone still has this breeding.

The men who keep wheatens and have the info will know best and wether to contribute.

• Like 2

Of the three lines you mentioned two are more of less the same with one of them more or less gone since '86 but there would be the same blood in several kennels but can it be called after the man if he's deceased since '86.

The other name you mention never had a line of wheaten and like a lot of people churned them out for a few £££££££s.

• Like 1

Darcy had a book, I think it was called Game Dogs of Ireland, there were picture and details of some of the breeding/lines of wheatens.

I enjoy reading the posts about the lines of Patterdale, russells and running dogs, they can be some of the best reading on here. I'm sure a wheaten thread would be just the same.

I saw a very good line of wheatens work years ago and would be interested to know if anyone still has this breeding.

The men who keep wheatens and have the info will know best and wether to contribute.

I know that book its called dead game irish strong dogs of old there's a staff in it called starsky the 2nd I grew up around that dog he was some dog

Of the three lines you mentioned two are more of less the same with one of them more or less gone since '86 but there would be the same blood in several kennels but can it be called after the man if he's deceased since '86.

The other name you mention never had a line of wheaten and like a lot of people churned them out for a few £££££££s.

par?
  • Like 2

Can anyone tell me about wheaton lines the ones I'm looking into are finnigan, par, and Gorman has anyone got experience with these lines or photos thanks tony

Honestly think mate , if you do a search on this site ,you will defintley find some interesting threads on here about Wheatens , they have been talked about for years . There might even be a few photo,s up of old ones . Just sit back with a cup of tea and do a search on Wheatens [did I spell it right :thumbs: ] ,you,ll enjoy the craic of reading up on them and get a bit of an education in the process .Type in Working Wheaten Lines . im to old to know that fancy cut and pasting links job

Edited by jimmys shop
  • Like 1