Attaching Tubes To Pouch.......

Are there any simple fool proof ways to attach tubes to the pouch...... Never done it before and need to practice,,,, do I use the constrictor knot which I have seen on youtube...

All advice appreciated.

Gnipper.......I've bought Dankung 1845, do I just use the same tube type....Its a great idea.

Roosika...... Sorry,but whats wrap and tuck? Is that when for example when they attatch theragold band strips around the bands on the forks then tuck it under?

Thanks

• 9 months later...

Are there any simple fool proof ways to attach tubes to the pouch...... Never done it before and need to practice,,,, do I use the constrictor knot which I have seen on youtube...

All advice appreciated.

Buy some small elastic bands and use the wrap and tuck method mate, the secret to it is to trap one end of the pouch in a vice so you can put a bit of pressure on while wrapping the band round the tubes, rubber on rubber grips really well without damaging the bands. The elastic bands tend to suffer damage from light pretty quickly, so i carefully cover the wrapping with women's nail varnish, being careful not to get any on the bands, done properly after some practice it last really well.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I found another interesting video about attaching tubes to a pouch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_XP8LaWQ4

The second method is of interest as I have found that tubes, being heavier that flat-bands, can (after time) distort the pouch leading to inaccuracy. So perhaps using the string to connect to the pouch instead will prevent this? Some experimenting is required!

Update: The second method of attaching the pouch works very well; will be using this in future.

Edited by Kal