Fao Of Anybody Working Their Dogs With Bops

Never done this before so be gentle lol

A mate here has bops and I am curious about working dickhead with them. I've never done it before so unsure of the right way to introduce them as I know different bops have different temps and can also be very nervy around dogs

So what is the best way, time and work method to get them partnered up and understanding each other??

Edited by mushroom

If I honest it's not my thing either but getting him broken to birds would be a start surley . Could you pick a game bird up from a market there and keep it in the garden . When dickhead is bomb proof with it you could eat .

This is the pup you had from the guy up the road is it ? :D

Best way is try and find a bird already used to dogs and go from there.. Walk the dog with the bird , peg the bird out and let the dog see it..be easier if you had your own bird or regular access to one ..

Both my lurchers are ok with running about the garden while a hawks pinned out .. Having a good recall and no/leave command is essential

Edited by chid21

What advantage do you foresee that the dog will bring to the table? Unless the dog can hunt up and drop to flush there are none that I can see, but a few disadvantages. Especially with the Harris hawk, they just do not like strange dogs, and by strange I mean any dog that they do not see on a daily basis.

TC

• Like 1

The mate uses dogs to flush but they don't run in or course just flush ;)

Thats all a dog working with a BOP can really do, for the dog it's always like being the bridesmaid as they do all the hard work and the hawk / falcon get the coup de grace.

TC

• Like 1