Out Ratting

2 hours ago, WHWT said:

Having look up morn night as keeper says loads on maze game crop fields at night taking the nephews Bed/Whippet and another lads got 3/4 whippet 1/4 Bedlington  some thing bit different if their any on the fields.

PUD

I had a set of old farm buildings and a field that had some sheep in it that i ratted a few years back and the farmer fed the sheep with piles of carrots and turnips which he dumped in piles around the field.We had some grand sport lamping the rats across the field with the terriers when they went to the piles to feed,in fact lamping rats with terriers is better fun than lamping bunnies with lurchers imo..

• Like 2

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cxvx

One of my images cropped right in I took of rogue puds young Plummer hot on a rat split second after the one she had just nailed

Posted Images

Well were back I lamped for year in my younger lurcher days, (and never seen rats out in fields few in dyke back around farm buildings etc) When we were doing these pens the keeper was saying at night the rats were 100 yard + out in the fields so i said could we have a go he said aye. Any way I was still a bit dubious so I took my nephew Bed/Whippet 1 x instead of my terriers and another lad who beats up their took a 3/4 Whippet 1/4 Bedlington.  Only terrier their was Baxter half Russel half Plummer. Any way to the point we got their and the fields were alive around the feeders that still had feed in but some rats were like he said yards and yards out in wheat rape fields. I had good night some thing i had never seen or done we accounted for sixty and invite to try with the terriers next week again before he poisons them. Staff was their with camera again a first for him and he said he didn't get much but am sure he put few up  once he had look.

All in all real good night.

PUD

Edited by WHWT
  • Like 4
19 hours ago, Staff said:

Not very good ones need more practice different ball game photographing the dogs coursing rats on the lamp so here’s the few  pics I took app oligopolies for the poor quality 

A52B071B-E234-48A7-B915-5E701F86FBDF.jpeg

CB119C69-F3AD-452C-95D7-EA68453F6C62.jpeg

AE906505-8888-42C0-89FB-2D6ABDF2DEDB.jpeg

22D5602C-018C-4DD3-9C5D-8DBFEFED21E8.jpeg

8AC2E868-F41C-41EC-A897-7C1AFB8C19D2.jpeg

Liking those photos, in the group photo is the one on the right Nora Batty? ??

• Like 1