The Numbers Game

The numbers game, once i was out netting solo, perfect night, i did two sets with a 100 yarder traditional.

total caught 48 good rabbits, now the bad bit, i was five fields away from the car, and one old post office bag.

after carrying that lot i was knackered, and was not good for the auld back. :laugh:

Edited by Country Joe
  • Like 3

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

year 1955, decent numbers for me, manchester terrier, and whip x grey, christ those were the days, im still at it now in 2015, i dunna bother about numbers, never have, but i can tell you this, im now

When the going is good you make the most of it with your dog ,theres a alot of times in the year you cant do owt for some reason or other.fill the car up and get on the road.    

its nice to no you can do the numbers and have the dog to do it,,even when you do slow down a little

Posted Images

i think after reading alot of comments on this thread phil its clear in general the older you become the more less important numbers become unless its your living but just getting out or being able to have a walk has you age makes you has happy just scratching around putting bits up here and there and being happy watching the dog working away is always a pleasure

• Like 5

i think after reading alot of comments on this thread phil its clear in general the older you become the more less important numbers become unless its your living but just getting out or being able to have a walk has you age makes you has happy just scratching around putting bits up here and there and being happy watching the dog working away is always a pleasure

Spot on post, although when out with my ferreting partner, we take a lot of nets and equipment, i think im now at my happiest, with a single ferret box and a few nets in the pocket, just going out for a mooch.

• Like 2

:yes:Spot on there bonny lads...

Hey,..don't get me wrong,..I still love to get into a good old place, choc-full of rabbits,..same as most lads,.. but,..I just can't be arsed, driving half way around the country for them... :laugh:

Each to their own, eh... :victory:

Edited by Phil Lloyd

I had a time all about numbers, travelled all over. Just me the dog the car and me kit. Some times i'd be gone for days on end some times weeks if i took the trailer Cant do it the same now the nipper is about. She gotta be in school. For me now its all about the run/catch ratio. Thats all i care about.

• Like 1

ive neve kept a diary and never thought about catching lots of game you can have as much fun with half adozen rabbs than catching forty thats for sure some of the big private jobs ive done alot more lucrative to, golf courses estate gardens , same with hares deer when it was legal its never been the amount, it was always the best chase with a bit money throwing in ,or food ,its like some lads who get exited with a hundred rabbits i would say catching 2 or 3 good winter hares or agood fast roe buck heading for home more of a good chase

• Like 10

this season Ive had 2 rabbits, and im chuffed! bedlington greyhound pup around 11 months old now. ive held her back, been out about three times and although there is one place with more rabbits than grass, it is the only place around me and so usually it is one run and the field of 200 rabbits is empty, weve been out three times and last night was the first time its all gone right, her first run was a long slip and she caught it, we then had two more slips, she was very close to the second one but it just got to cover and the third slip again was abit to long and she missed it, absolutely loved it though and she has come on leaps and bounds. were out mooching everyday but not many rabbits about.

• Like 1

That's dedication is that Jim & Lofti..those numbers ain't found locally so with all the travelling,lamping,carrying etc it ain't for everyone no matter what they think? Until you've done such feats and know the effort put in by men and dogs you just really can't put into words how hard it is..many think the rabbits just sit and get gathered up like picking mushrooms when in reality they don't...my hats tipped firmly in you guys direction,im one who really does know how hard nights like that are albeit to a lesser extent..well done fellas

cheers andy,, its true what say,, when you take it serious at times infact most times, it makes you wonder why we call it a hobby,,the weather 9 hours on your feet 6 hours driving some nites the carrying piss wet to the pants wellies filling up with water etc,it s not for most folk, and your lucky when you can find a mate like lofti who is as kean,, most folk wud jack a well paid job for the same thing,,lol

• Like 4