The Numbers Game

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

year 1955, decent numbers for me, manchester terrier, and whip x grey, christ those were the days, im still at it now in 2015, i dunna bother about numbers, never have, but i can tell you this, im now

When the going is good you make the most of it with your dog ,theres a alot of times in the year you cant do owt for some reason or other.fill the car up and get on the road.    

its nice to no you can do the numbers and have the dog to do it,,even when you do slow down a little

Posted Images

Bang on! Them pair of dogs got it down to a t, and it's good how they have got a system when it comes to the retrieve! Arthur Carter will be on the phone after the narrator for his next DVD haha.

To be fiar that system,,,,is a pure accident,,,nothing to do with my expertice as a dog trainer,,,,my dog just gives up the rabbits easy,,

As a young lad we used to walk the fields local to us, no permission :/ but we were keen. Going out at 11pm doing and 8-10 mile walk on the same route over 8-9 years getting good numbers of all quarry, sometimes we wouldn't get in until early hours but these are the things we had to do. Number got thin around the doors, sometime lucky to bag 3-4 and we were still happy. Years on we started stacking up plenty permission, some fields have anywhere between 50-150 bunnies in, you shine the fell and see them in there 100s. Feels good having permission and not always looking over your shoulder. I don't really do numbers anymore, lurchers getting on and work commitments limit the time I can put in so wouldn't be fair bringing a new dog on yet.most weekends are spent with the terriers. The only time I count is when it's me and the dog vs the guns. Needless to say I always win. We keep the numbers down and still keep the sport for years to come.

Some cracking photos Tomo fair play dogs are credit to you.

• Like 1

Buttons,,,what's that racy looking black dog in top pic,,,is it one of kats pups

Yes she was out of 1 St litter tomo

Whats that black rough coated Dog or Bitch ? looks like a larger version of my Bitch..

Buttons,,,what's that racy looking black dog in top pic,,,is it one of kats pups

Whats that black rough coated Dog or Bitch ? looks like a larger version of my Bitch..

Which one this one it is buttons kat x snipe of tjjones sister to dog I gifted tjjones mars

post-96524-0-59969000-1420832776_thumb.jpg

Edited by Buttons

Proper ferreting on steep rough terrain,,, clip the pic it's a bit of film

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/ACREPEST/th_ferreing1313019_zps707d5fe9.mp4

them dogs got great patience :thumbs:

You should know how much patience I've got Ray mate....Never mind the dogs...She's had my patience tried to the max on more than 1 occasion...lol

Remember her week on the Shropshire Hills...lol. . . that dog has taught me more than anything the main ingredient in a good dog is an owner with patience...heheee.

Which one this one it is buttons kat x snipe of tjjones sister to dog I gifted tjjones mars

very nice Mark... I really like that dog of Jim's also...looks a cracking dog.

Molly.

she,s about 6 years old now..

post-11815-0-79895400-1420833208_thumb.jpg

Proper ferreting on steep rough terrain,,, clip the pic it's a bit of film

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/ACREPEST/th_ferreing1313019_zps707d5fe9.mp4

them dogs got great patience :thumbs:

You should know how much patience I've got Ray mate....Never mind the dogs...She's had my patience tried to the max on more than 1 occasion...lol

Remember her week on the Shropshire Hills...lol. . . that dog has taught me more than anything the main ingredient in a good dog is an owner with patience...heheee.

yeh didn't think you see her again, it might have done her good camping for that weekend she did on her own .lol she was lucky really as some farmers get trigger happy if they see dogs on there own, had Buck piss off for a 1 hour he scented some fallow one day , it was the longest 1 hour ive ever had, a big dog like him running loose he Copt it quick if he had been seen that morning :yes: