The Numbers Game

You would think that they must be green rabbits to get that many, you hear of some pickin the squatters only and still bagging loads. It's good going FairPlay, the rabbits by me are on motor bikes lol I would love abit of sport like that though

Trust me mate there ain't to many places in the UK where the rabbits are plain dumb..infact I know of not any places lol..some places have a high density of bunnies but without the right dogs for the job and men as keen as their dogs it don't matter how many bunnies are on the ground you will never catch hauls like that ;-)

• Like 1

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

year 1955, decent numbers for me, manchester terrier, and whip x grey, christ those were the days, im still at it now in 2015, i dunna bother about numbers, never have, but i can tell you this, im now

When the going is good you make the most of it with your dog ,theres a alot of times in the year you cant do owt for some reason or other.fill the car up and get on the road.    

its nice to no you can do the numbers and have the dog to do it,,even when you do slow down a little

Posted Images

people keep going on about takeing sitters, i try and rush me dog up the beam i dont want it to get in the swing of taking rabbits off the seat ,, in 1 season if i get 30 off a seat i mite be lieing,,,,some nite,s when ive done 40/80 bunnys they mite and big mite they maybe 3/4,,,, whats bin took out the seat,,

• Like 1

year 1955, decent numbers for me, manchester terrier, and whip x grey, christ those were the days, im still at it now in 2015, i dunna bother about numbers, never have, but i can tell you this, im now down to 1 dog, and every day im out, whatever the weather, and loving every minute of it, i walk missen to a standstill some days. and come bedtime, im up them stairs on all fours, eh. heres todays catch, :victory:

post-59960-0-32795000-1420563070_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

always thought a rabbit of the seat was one in the bush some dogs take sqautters others dont ,some just fly in and scoop them up,as a dog gets older heel conserve his self to adjust to age ,but in there prime i like seing a dog lift them like hot coals and back to master as they say none of that taill wagging waiting for 5 mins to lift a 3 pound rabbit a pure colie could get ,

cant beat a good day or nite with a full bag ,and dogs go home tired for a good feed a rub down and a good bed ,

• Like 1

0000000000aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps13574e5FullSizeRender5_zpscd3312e5.jpgFullSizeRender4_zpsb812b49a.jpg

its nice to no you can do the numbers and have the dog to do it,,even when you do slow down a little

Great pictures lads,,,and well done cracking work, great to see some still getting among them with dogs that can do the business,

Good dogs are judged by what they can do, not what their owners think they can do.

Scores on the doors, scores on the doors..

• Like 1

people keep going on about takeing sitters, i try and rush me dog up the beam i dont want it to get in the swing of taking rabbits off the seat ,, in 1 season if i get 30 off a seat i mite be lieing,,,,some nite,s when ive done 40/80 bunnys they mite and big mite they maybe 3/4,,,, whats bin took out the seat,,

Why not try get em out the seat? My bitch is struggling taking them from seat (God knows why) but when they do it's an easy rabbit, and 1 more run still in tank so to speak. I'd want my mut to take em on the seat anyway

Edited by swaino
  • Like 1

back in the ninties the early part there was alot more rabbits some years between lamping ferreting box traps we had 200 to 400 a week then less and less , best season 3 to4 thousand but prices were poor , so we got int o other game

but lately the rabbits have been good 2 50 to 3 00 pound a head in some establish ments and i walked onto 20 thousand acres so handy bit of luck ,dont lamp but ferret it and dogs, but last year we had roughly 1500 this year weel end up with maybe 800 to 1100 roughly ,its a hobby nothing else , and legal as it can get ,i would pay a fiver or 6 quid for a scottish hill rabbit there a good fare lump and a feed for 3 people with the trimmings ,

its great fun up in the hills, grouse, odd white hare, odd blackcock ,and plenty to go at , but you must have decent ferrets and dogs to boot as its testing week in week out,as the climate changes fast and it can be rough going

I have to agree with you there I have some land up on the Scottish hills and the rabbits are the healthyist I have seen massive things I have only been up once this season as I've been busy else were I will have to get up in the next couple of weeks

cheers andy,, its true what say,, when you take it serious at times infact most times, it makes you wonder why we call it a hobby,,the weather 9 hours on your feet 6 hours driving some nites the carrying piss wet to the pants wellies filling up with water etc,it s not for most folk, and your lucky when you can find a mate like lofti who is as kean,, most folk wud jack a well paid job for the same thing,,lol

When the going is good you make the most of it with your dog ,theres a alot of times in the year you cant do owt for some reason or other.fill the car up and get on the road.

FullSizeRender3_zps74a9fe97.jpg

• Like 17