Recommend A Good Book?

bobkizzyhugo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find it strange when I see posts saying " buy a good book " because the Internet contains far more information than any book ever could.   The problem with the internet is there is so much garbage

I'd second that, plus anything by Martin Hollinshead are good reads...

Holinshead "the complete rabbit and hare hawk"

Can anybody recommend a good book for a total novice to hawks for learning the very basics regarding the keeping of a Harris hawk. I'm interested in Learning basic terminology and conditioning of a hawk.

Jemima parry's book is a good read mate

I'd read most of the falconry books before I bought a hawk and I think Nick Foxs one is by far the most informative. The rest are a good read and the Hollingshead ones make you want to fly and hunt a hawk, he puts his stories across so well that he is by far the best writer. You can feel the passion he has for Harris Hawks.

However with most books if you take out the what food they can eat, housing and ferreting section your left with something that can be read in a short time and there's only so much that can be put in.

The Internet was the only place I could research the finer details, problem solving etc plus there's the invaluable option of e-mailing or pm'ing experienced Falconers.

Good post pointer. I will pick up a couple of the books mentioned. I have a good book but reads a little bit advanced for me. It has all patterns for making own leatherwork and sections on all different types of birds of prey etc but i want some easy reading to Get my head around very basics first. Trawling the Internet mostly comes up with the answer 'get a good book' to any beginners. Once I understand basic principals of it I'm sure I will have many more questions.