He was ok i suppose.

It must be some consolation to you that it took his best ever goal to deprive your lot of your just deserts .

If i was a fan of any other team id be saying he was the best English midfielder of his generation........but its hard to heap praise on someone that broke your heart !

could be worse Gnash , he might sign for Sunderland next .

Edited by Astanley
  • Like 2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If i was a fan of any other team id be saying he was the best English midfielder of his generation........but its hard to heap praise on someone that broke your heart !

I followed liverpool in the "boys pen" late 60's,then stood with the men on the "KOP", seen some great players and some mediocre,Dalglish is still my best liverpool player ever to pull on a red shirt

So he,s off at the end of the season and I wish him all the luck in the world , it,s been a privilege watching him over the years ,at times he was the closest I have seen to a 1 man team ,he improved

Even as a UTD fan, I know class when I see it and he was class..

The b*****d even made me sit up in bed and cheer him on in the 2004 champions league final, that was an awesome display amongst many others for the club.

It's a shame when a career like his comes to an end, I'm sure he'll still do ok for a year of 2 in the states but his legs aren't there for the prem week in week out, good luck to the man.

2005 final mate. Best champions league final I've ever seen ;-)

Sorry mate, thought it was 04, memories going lol.. Great final..

My personal opinion is that Stevie Gerrard is and soon was the greatest Liverpool player ever in my eyes.

But something is going on behind the scenes that we don't know about for him to leave.

Personally I think they will be feckef without him.

Any team would be.

But good luck Stevie G for your future.

You have been an absolute joy to watch.

• Like 1

didn't rate him to be honest............

Not even a little bit Alby ?,,,isn't there somewhere deep down in your bitter ,man utd loving heart that says " fair play , he was a good player "

If I was you I would ask myself if I wasn't being biased just because he cant say "chicken "

• Like 1

Not even a little bit Alby ?,,,isn't there somewhere deep down in your bitter ,man utd loving heart that says " fair play , he was a good player "

If I was you I would ask myself if I wasn't being biased just because he cant say "chicken "

To me Alonso carried him for long enough,then the Biter made him look better than he was,one Champions league final when Carragher rallied the team and ran his blood to water and ably assisted by S.G. in possibly his best game,poor for England on to many occasions,one outstanding pass from Stevie was often clouded by the many poor passes he was better at.Would he have got into the great Liverpool teams WE ALL loved to watch,doubtful,if the modernish Liverpool had the likes of Alonso and Suarez on the pitch instead of the Stevie G,s they would have won far more in his reign.

• Like 1

now i'm no fan of football or footballers in general, but gerrard does seem a decent enough bloke, i've not seen him linked to any of these sex scandals so common with footballers etc.

but i am amazed at the amount of press and media coverage given to this story, it was the lead on bbc news the other day. ffs, its just a sportsman moving teams, not even retiring or anything. hardly important in the great scheme of things

souness was on sky other day and said " ste gerrard would of got in any liverpool team in any era!!" Think he's a better judge !!

To me Alonso carried him for long enough,then the Biter made him look better than he was,one Champions league final when Carragher rallied the team and ran his blood to water and ably assisted by S.G. in possibly his best game,poor for England on to many occasions,one outstanding pass from Stevie was often clouded by the many poor passes he was better at.Would he have got into the great Liverpool teams WE ALL loved to watch,doubtful,if the modernish Liverpool had the likes of Alonso and Suarez on the pitch instead of the Stevie G,s they would have won far more in his reign.

some total bollox being said here, didnt rate him geez hes a superb player who in any other title challenging team would have won titles, im a man utd fan and i aint bitter, gerrard you have been a pleasure to watch how you change and win games...

• Like 2