Night Vision

just out of interest, was reading on a Facebook group earlier that someone had found a wildlife camera out in the woods, someone had also left a comment saying that if you use a night vision scope it picks out the infrared on these cameras and makes them a lot easier to see, is there much truth in this or has anyone seen them whilst out?

any thoughts on legality with regards to not being told your technically under surveillance if these appear on public footpaths etc?

just a thought

Strictly speaking, i don't think its the norm to place trail cams on public footpaths! I mean, who wants photo's of people walking dogs, or scratching their arses!

I think if everyone who took a photo or video with their mobile phone without permission were breaking the law, then we'd all end up in court! Just look at the shit on said Facebook!

So tell me, whats the difference between finding and stealing a trail cam? Not being smart, just curious what ye all think!

I think finding one is when you say "oh look there's a trail cam.. What's that there for I wonder". Stealing one would be "oh look there's a trail cam... am ******* having that"o

Haha ;)

A jasus im f****n slow at times! Thought he made off with it ! Cheers!

Yes nightvision could pick it up...but most trail cams only trigger IR flash when they detect something, or they would be flat in hours. So the chance of someone using nightvision finding one is slim, unless there on top of it and trigger it themselves.