Pike At Asenby

Hi

Im fishing at asenby tomorrow for pike on the swale its a new water for me as I've only just joined leeds and bradford AC

I've been fishing crake hill which has been ok and had a few fish out.

Anyone know off the decent pegs on this stretch

matt

You mean Leeds and District?

For pike go up over two stiles and fish the deeper, slower water. the last time i was there the place was a dump, lots of litter everywhere. not the kind of place i want to visit again, i have so many great memories of Asenby, but i want to remember it for what it was, and not for the dump it has become now.

Why not go up to Topcliffe? Nice pike there too....

Fish the lower part of the pool below the weir if its pike you want. We used to fish for barbel there, I once caught a 6 incher there on a big cube of garlic sausage. Don't know how it got it in it's mouth. I really don't! then, naughty boys that we were, we used to nigh fish it. My mates rod walloped over and after a strange fight we netted a bizarre fish. We wondered what it was, and eventually identified it as a sea lamprey. It was massive and the colours were superb. It had, of course, been foul hooked as it is impossible to get a lamprey to take a bait.

Got some great memories of the place....innocent days when we gang of teenagers had just started having adventures due to one of us getting their first car.....

• Like 3
  • 7 years later...

Hi ain’t been on here for ages but thought I’d pop in. Been fishing the Leeds book for a good few year now and I’m pleased to say asenby is a very clean stretch now had some good fish out pike barbel chub and roach. I tend to fish it after work as not to far away but do a lot of barbel work on the Trent nowadays.what about you?

• Like 1

Asenby is a good stretch my favourite swim is peg 10 that usually wins matches there if they tackle up for barbel didn’t fish last match we had there as had trouble with me that day so went to see what lads were catching had to stop him throwing half of field into river ??‍♂️

E8B75BD2-4EEE-46E3-8432-D33340339BBF.jpeg