Permission

I would be very surprised if anyone gets paid whilst on their permissions.

You have to bear in mind there is a big difference between shooting a few bits of vermin once a week and pest control.

When I get back my landrover there's often a tray of eggs on the bonnet. I feel honoured by the gesture.

:yes::thumbs:

A gesture as such is a nice reward.

Anything more such as a financial gain will void your basc. Sacs etc insurances.

The only form of payment ive ever had and easily the best is a recommendation to one their friends who has a pest problem to use me for controlling numbers around the farm or estate. For me thats the best accolade you could wish for.

• Like 3

When I get back my landrover there's often a tray of eggs on the bonnet. I feel honoured by the gesture.

:yes::thumbs:

A gesture as such is a nice reward.

Anything more such as a financial gain will void your basc. Sacs etc insurances.

Just to see the old farmer is a reward before I even go shooting. Iv been going for years and he is never short of interesting tales and knowlage. I love the old school guys, they are getting rare now!

• Like 3

:laugh: one of the old boys on a farm I shoot sadly died a couple of years back. He was a winner.

You had to always have an extra hour planned on your visit for the long winded chat or helping him fix some run down old tat. He would often offer you a fag and want paying for it...!! Absolute gem of a bloke.

:laugh: one of the old boys on a farm I shoot sadly died a couple of years back. He was a winner.

You had to always have an extra hour planned on your visit for the long winded chat or helping him fix some run down old tat. He would often offer you a fag and want paying for it...!! Absolute gem of a bloke.

He sounds like bill. A man you will never forget and will forever look up to!

• Like 2

He sounds like bill. A man you will never forget and will forever look up to!

:thumbs:

A bit of a subject change but a few weeks at I came back from shooting and had some eggs and 2 large plants with 2 large lumps at the roots, I was unsure what they where but I was going to eat them! I later rang the farmer as I Diddnt see him on the way out to say thanks. So I rang up and said thanks for the err em............after a mini ute the farmer said their turnips tom! How daft I fett!

• Like 1

Brillant story Tom

best I got was a fresh Apple and rhubarb crumble. Which I returned with a brandy for Christmas !

That is wonderful! Just shows shooting a few rabbits for yourself and to help others out with a pest problem is win win situation!