First Crosses..

I've only ever had collie crosses ,I've had 2,3/4 grey 1/4 collies and now run a half x ,my half x is 25 to the shoulder and is a solid dog ,he will run rabbits all nite long ,he's very loyal,was so easy to train never have him on a slip when lamping.but I do find he lacks a bit of speed he's always in the same gear lol he catches a lot of his rabbits as they go in the hedge ,which doesn't bother me,at the end of the day I'm happy with him which is all that matters

• Like 1

I've only ever had collie crosses ,I've had 2,3/4 grey 1/4 collies and now run a half x ,my half x is 25 to the shoulder and is a solid dog ,he will run rabbits all nite long ,he's very loyal,was so easy to train never have him on a slip when lamping.but I do find he lacks a bit of speed he's always in the same gear lol he catches a lot of his rabbits as they go in the hedge ,which doesn't bother me,at the end of the day I'm happy with him which is all that matters

I prefer my collie based lurchers, I think I'll give it a go see how I find them. Cheers

the main thing hare are the dogs doing the work you require the parents of the pup , , and have they more in there tank in the right hands , i wouldnt get a first cross, get a pup of racy line bred colie lurcher type , as they guys have went through the pain of having first crosses to get what they want ,

if possible see one of the parents work or see there style of running , as there alot of liars shysters in the lurcher game , choose carefuly and listen to good dog men with years of expierence and heartache lol

hope you get what you are after

• Like 3

bit chancy with a pup from 2 half crosses in my mind. they could throw either way and there's a lot of collie in that mix. however as long as you're happy to take a punt then go for it. i'm happy with my 3/4 bred but if i were wanting to line him to have a pup i'd be looking for a bitch with no collie in it. a half cross to half cross both with sighthound would be a different matter in my mind as they'd be throwing racy pups whichever way they throw. atb rob

• Like 2

i run a 5th gen 1/2 x dhxgh bang on for lamping does his job just fine know where near a big heavy dog can turn brillant has good pace also run a 1st x bull gh she is a big dog but not a massive lump a good lamper tbh i was surprised of her pace and turning ability as most bull xgh i saw didn't impress me maybe that was me just not being a fan of a bull x but my bitch opened my eyes and she is a decent lamping bitch

kevspics257.jpg

WP_20141230_002_zps582847ba.jpg

• Like 2