Pardue To Palace

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes i stand corrected ....though if im not wrong that was when there was only 12 teams in the league......think Spurs were first since it was 20....or 22 as it was then........i remember an old Spurs

Max, you must be the strangest supporter in the world, happy with a defeat and consider a draw getting "battered" !   I think Carver being "happy" with a draw, is a bit different to considering it

Gnash are you saying you never watched a game and seen a player not giving his all

Just going thru the motions so to speak ?

It happens all the time

They even pick up on it in pre match analysis .

Oh i took you literally as in not turning up to the ground :laugh: ......no i cant make you wrong there but again thats what you get when players have no loyalty to the shirt......another tick in the box for a minimum amount of home grown players.

As for Villa.....outside Man Utd,Liverpool and Arsenal id put Villa in with a shout for 4th biggest club in the country along with Everton/Chelsea/Spurs.

• Like 1

Brigzy, I can't disagree with anything you say seeing as you put it like that, but all I seem to hear on radio/TV and when the in laws are poisoning my air is how they should be doing this and that because "we're a big club"

You get nowhere without ambition I suppose but I'm sticking to my guns.....I'm also an armchair supporter now if that makes any difference. Lol

Matt

Brigzy, I can't disagree with anything you say seeing as you put it like that, but all I seem to hear on radio/TV and when the in laws are poisoning my air is how they should be doing this and that because "we're a big club"

You get nowhere without ambition I suppose but I'm sticking to my guns.....I'm also an armchair supporter now if that makes any difference. Lol

Matt

Matt, debate is good, I'm not really a Newcastle supporter, but live in the area and go to a few games, and love a debate ! I know I shouldnt, but when young Max posts an obviously wrong statement, I can't help but try to educate him ! LOL !

• Like 1

Spurs really Gnash

How many top league English titles have they won in their History ?

I could be wrong but pre Abromovich were Chelsea massively successfull ?

First club ever to do the league and cup double.....2 league titles,at least 7 or 8 Fa Cups....4 or 5 League Cups...Cup Winners Cup....Uefa Cup x 2....bunch of Charity Shields......iconic players in the English game,big fan base.....much as i hate to admit it Spurs are a big club no question about it.

Matt

Its a bit like the villa , we need another Ron Saunders and a owner with money

He's a business man and a good one at that

As iv said Newcastle would of went to the wall without him pumping in millions and that's without clearing the debt they had.

The Newcastle fans are too expectant

Well the Keeganite 92 ers are

The old timers prob know the score.

They have won fook all

What was that Cup they last won ?

Was it the Fairs Cup or something ?

Did it actually mean anything ?

They are a average club

With good numbers of Average Fans

And that's it.

We'l see what they made of over the next. 10 years as iv a feeling this is the start of some very average times :)

Read it and Weep boys lol

Max, as I said previously, Newcastle were the 13th richest club in Europe when Ashley bought them, how is that "going to the wall" ? By the way, where were Sunderland in the rich list then ? Oh yeah, they didn't make the list. You should realy check your facts.

When Ashley bought Newcastle, they were valued at £260 million and had a 45% debt ratio. This is well within normal figures for football clubs and just about any business. The receivers were never mentioned, and as the 13th richest club in Europe, they were extremely solvent. Ashley paid £140 million for the club, and paid the banks £120 million that was Newcastles overdraft. He DID NOT pay of the debt, it is still on the books, and you have an unusual business transaction whereby Ashley, being the sole owner of the club, lent himself £120 million ! He can call in this loan at any time, but it makes financial sense not to, the club will get substantial tax breaks when the books show £120 million debts. As he basically bought a £260 million pound business for £140 million, he did very well. Any profits from the Premier, TV, money, player sales, etc is NOT used to pay down the debt, it is Ashley's personal profit. Out of this, of course, he has to pay for the running of the club, but he still makes a handsome profit. He does not invest any of his own fortune into the club, as other owners do, he simply runs it as a business. So; when he comes to sell, he will get his origionl investment, plus his loan back, and will have made millions on year to year profits. A brilliant bussiness man? Without a doubt ! A good football club owner ? No !

Edited by Brigzy
  • Like 2

gnash i think pne were the first team to do the double 1889 and they were the first team to go all season unbeaten they were known has the invincibles

Yes i stand corrected :thumbs: ....though if im not wrong that was when there was only 12 teams in the league......think Spurs were first since it was 20....or 22 as it was then........i remember an old Spurs fan i used to know coming up with a strange little coincidence .....apparently the double year when Spurs won the league Preston finished bottom !!

• Like 2
The Mags were about to go into liquidation and prob to the wall

Dress it up as you wish

Few facts

Ashley saved you's ' you's slagg him

Pardew did ok' you's slagg him

Robson stopped you's on the slippery slope

A son of the North East

You's never just slagged him you's threw bottles of piss at him ffs

All the winging wank sticks I mention above are most prob the plastic 92 ers

There is some facts

Your beloved Shearer slagged Sir Bobby ffs

Anyways reap what you's sow

Carver then Brucie in summer will do lol :)[/quote

Max this assertion of yours that Newcastle were about to go into liquidation is simply untrue ! The facts that they were extremely solvent are there for anyone to check. Please show us that your assertion is true, or stop saying it. I LOVE debating, but you are like a kid who puts his fingers in his ears and shouts "lah lah lah la" when he hears something he doesn't want to hear.