Variation For A Foxing Riffle

Probably the cheapest which is the Hogue stock, personally I think they are the most 'orrible, and worst stock I have ever used...but some people love them!

$99 and available in a wide range of colours / styles including thumbhole.

Available on the CZ as well. :thumbs:

EDIT: Forgot Link - Sorry - http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/FindAStock?Make=2D&Model=231&Action=11

Edited by Alsone
  • Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to say I still get surprised with the knock Down power and accuracy of the .22-250

Out of curiosity, do you actually need to shoot out to 300 very often?   On the foxes I tend to find it is only the odd opportunist shot I have to take anything much past 200 yards, the vast majorit

A hornet is a bloody good fox round, mine (a cz 527) would group a ragged one hole group with homeloads, and that is the key to the hornet, however get yourself a .222 and you will have one of the mos

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

Most new rifles these days are going to be able to shoot better than the shooter,

Unless you're looking at a target rifle where millimetres matter then you're safe whatever you buy,

The Howa have been gaining in popularity over the last few years, they're cheap, reliable and accurate for field work,

One minor criticism is that they can be a tad heavy.

I've read great things about the Howa's, made in Japan to a very high standard. Only critisism I've heard is that the stocks need to be upgraded due to excessive 'flex'

The newer moulded stocks have been reinforced now! :)

I have a Boyds stock on my Weatherby .243 (same rifle as Howa) and let me tell you this is one of the most accurate cf rifles I have ever owned/used, if you dont like the Hogue stock, by the Vanguard with a nice wood stock, the Jap engineering is excellent, they represent the best value for money rifles in the country, simple as that.

223 tikka 1-12 twist

Mine has been customed but you won't go wrong with a factory one ;)

DD6C318D-A24C-476C-B9C5-E37A6ED64243.jpg

100 yard load testing
552C0F77-2E5E-4067-917E-DDA15CA04D00.jpg

100 yard group
484E0904-0FB5-4218-91B0-8FE59D7E7703.jpg

200 yard
7588535C-1DC7-4DD0-8958-E59E50F214A1.jpg

400 yard
E4F30882-077A-4223-AFE5-42F9A739D60B.jpg

Mines 223 ackley 1-12 very fast and flat with 40gr
Nozlers at 3960 fps great for night work and messy

3CE96670-ED08-45EB-BAD7-91CCDDE36CA5_1.j