Variation For A Foxing Riffle

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to say I still get surprised with the knock Down power and accuracy of the .22-250

Out of curiosity, do you actually need to shoot out to 300 very often?   On the foxes I tend to find it is only the odd opportunist shot I have to take anything much past 200 yards, the vast majorit

A hornet is a bloody good fox round, mine (a cz 527) would group a ragged one hole group with homeloads, and that is the key to the hornet, however get yourself a .222 and you will have one of the mos

Posted Images

I'm putting in a variation for a foxing riffle just in two minds which to go for I was thinking cz 527 in 223 1 in 9 twist just fort I'd see what other people are using thanks das

Everyones definition of a foxing rifle is different, so is their land, ability, distances etc etc.

But there is nothing wrong with a .223 and nothing wrong with a 527 either.

A good shooting pal of mine who is also now a team GB shooter bought one of these a few years back......cheap as chips, as they say, but it performed exceptionally well!

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/364-centerfire-rifles-cz/KL/CZ_527_SYNTHETIC.aspx

I've got a ruger american in 1:9 .243 which is for that and the intention of deer which has fallen by the wayside as cost of travel and paying out quite heavily just before Xmas will set me back for awhile...but when I'm sorted.

What you've mentioned sounds a good plan tbh dicky das and you'll be able to use heavier loads with that twist rate, most possibly better than the lighter ones and if fox is your only quarry (or cwd and munty) with that particular rifle then alls good mate.

Edited by celticrusader

Thanks for the replays desisions desisions I know how the kids felt at Christmas now ha it will just be a fox gun used with night vision I will only be shooting out to 200 yards a friend has a 22 k hornet that groups like a shotgun so that has put me of them

A hornet is a bloody good fox round, mine (a cz 527) would group a ragged one hole group with homeloads, and that is the key to the hornet, however get yourself a .222 and you will have one of the most accurate, sweet shooting, cheap to run calibres around, and of course you can take the small species of deer with it as well, which you cant do with a hornet.

• Like 2