What Age Were You

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You lot are going to piss yourselves when I tell you what my first rabbiting dog was. The family boxer, cost 7/6 in Abergavenny market As a kid back in the 1960's the dog would go everywhere with me,

A fawn whippet called nip paid £5 for her from a block of high rise flats ( 12th ) floor when she was 6 weeks old had her till she was 13 years old that little bitch done every thing from ratting to l

1985 i was 13 and given a little 22 inch whippet grey deerhound from my brother in law fastest dog i have ever had i loved this bitch and we would be out all the time ..i would mooch off school go rou

Posted Images

mine was 32 years ago ,a beddy x whippetx grey , it was pure crap , what ever a lurcher should do this fooker didn't ,t was very hard mouth, very deaf unless it was its called in for dinner, and anything on 4 legs be it sheep, dogs, cows , it would go for them. in fact I nearly packed it up there+then, but it had hard pad and it feet kept bad feet splitting open , so after 10 months +treatment put it down, and had since then colliex greys, bullx greys , and got Alsatian x grey now .! I was 30 back then, but looking back , I never enjoyed lurchers as much as our bull breeds we had then , staffs, pits, bullmastiffs , maybe choose the wrong type of dog , but only kept them to do a job, not as pets . but will prob always have one now knocking about as pet or working dog , finally got used to them lol

• Like 1

About 1988 got my first supposed dog for my birthday although I was 9 at the time so my old man did most of the work with her until I was old enough. She was a terrier Russell x fell type, peg was her name she was a cracking dog, only allowed in the kitchen at night I still remember I used to sit in the seat closest to the kitchen and she would creep into the front room when we all watching TV and hide at the side if me out of sight whilst I gave her a rub. If anybody got up she would sneak off back into the kitchen lol we had a mutual agreement and if either if us got caught we were in trouble, we never did. Great dog great memories, she started fitted when about 10 year old I never forget the first time she did it in front of me, broke my heart when she had to be Pts

• Like 1

Got a 1/4 bull 3/4 greyhound for xmass when i was 13 pesterd my step dad for a lurcher after going out lamping with a mate of his 1 nite been hooked eversince.he a game dog took all quarry with him and got myself in a bitta troble to lol all good crack he geting old now and had a couple of accidents would love a pup out of him if the bitch pup makes the grade.

• Like 1