Pointer X Greyhounds

I have a GWP - they are nesh and will tackle anything if you want them to.

Basically what Sirius said. by the way they are no slower than a GSP.

Crossing a vizla would produce much the same as a lot of the HPR bloodlines overlap. I don't think you get as much fire from a viz as you would from a GWP.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a pointer cross that i have just in his first season, i don't know exactly what mix is in him maybe someone on here might know the lad that had him him came from near durham services, i have

He's had 34 fox. He catches them in cover no problem. You would be surprised mate GWP are verh powerful and aggressive dogs when comes to mixing it up they can hold there own.

Not only do they kill foxes for fun they will retrieve them too.     TC

Posted Images

Well the pointer that I would be using I own and he has no problem dispatching foxes, he's quite a leggy pointer at about 26tts. I have the choice of the saluki grey bitch or I have my own greyhound bitch that is a around the same size and she is a very good all round dog.

its just a thought that has crossed my mind, I wouldnt be doing it for money etc. I just think it would be a handy cross for some people.

I have a GWP - they are nesh and will tackle anything if you want them to.

Basically what Sirius said. by the way they are no slower than a GSP.

Crossing a vizla would produce much the same as a lot of the HPR bloodlines overlap. I don't think you get as much fire from a viz as you would from a GWP.

Any one that i know that works germans or has in the past will say the GSP is a faster and further ranging dog than the GWP. Also from the ones ive shot over that definatly is the case, the GSP is a smaller lighter framed racier dog, (fact) there are exceptions to every breed but as a whole thats my opinion and the opinions of the people i know with them. The majority of of the GWP's come more aggressive and firey than GSP's, its a common trait with GWP.

doesnt surprise me that the GWP and X's are despatching quickly, they're known as a rugged breed and more importantly are a working breed, you dont see many in pet homes put it like that. how many of the bull stud dogs in bullx are tested in any way shape or form?

• Like 2

He is a cracker coverdogs, very strong looking dog, whats his speed like?

He's not the fastest dog but ok for what i use him for mostly beating cover with hounds he is fast enough for rabbit and fox that's all i use him on i would describe him as an ideal terriermans dog as i say he is only in his first season but more than pleased with him.

• Like 1

I can imagine gwp crosses being really useful. The real Deutsch Drahthaars in Germany are serious dogs that are expected to dispatch fox, wounded deer, trail blood etc all in adddition to the more typical hpr gundog work. Some of this type of blood in a lurcher can do nothing but good I would imagine.

Here's a pointer cross that i have just in his first season, i don't know exactly what mix is in him maybe someone on here might know the lad that had him him came from near durham services, i have him about 8 months when i got him he was as green as grass i spent the summer teaching him to jump breaking to stock an so on he is a pleasure to own very biddable great recall great nose and a very good dog on fox single handed.

003_zps3a9278bd.jpg

014_zpsd696da03.jpg

017_zps9d910987.jpg

015_zps7e683f41.jpg

Is that blea tarn?

Here's a pointer cross that i have just in his first season, i don't know exactly what mix is in him maybe someone on here might know the lad that had him him came from near durham services, i have him about 8 months when i got him he was as green as grass i spent the summer teaching him to jump breaking to stock an so on he is a pleasure to own very biddable great recall great nose and a very good dog on fox single handed.

003_zps3a9278bd.jpg

014_zpsd696da03.jpg

017_zps9d910987.jpg

015_zps7e683f41.jpg

Is that blea tarn?

hello blackdog92 no it's not blea tarn but i know exactly where you mean i have walked out near it, these pic's were taken in ireland in my own little piece of heaven.ATB. Coverdogs