1St Time On Fen

After a long tiime listening about the famous fens I'm finally going down to see what it's all about. My dog is 19 month old and been doing very well on all quarry although I would say he mainly bred for long ear from what I have seen on the DVDs and posts on here he be no fen dog. But by this I don't mean he has no stamina he has roughly 30% saluki in him and can stay on but also has aggressive style with good mouth and can blitz them early too. He been doing well up here so it's time to test him on the fen as a lot say the hare and land make it a better test of the dog. No silly slips and I think he'll be ok! What's your thoughts lads better hares or same just on bigger land? Need at least 50 % saluki? Should a be scared ??lol????? was your first trip an eye opener ??

• Like 1

Depends wat hare u find drop on mr wright ur dog will be dragged all over fen

thats for sure :thumbs: always have a smile to my self when people say fen hares aint nowt special .go to peterborough and find a nice big black fen and say they aint special or only plodders etc ffs its going to be :bye: from mr hartley

• Like 3

thats for sure :thumbs: always have a smile to my self when people say fen hares aint nowt special .go to peterborough and find a nice big black fen and say they aint special or only plodders etc ffs its going to be :bye: from mr hartley

And not forgetting one trip to the fens,,,might not tell you that much,,,do a season or two,,to get the real feel,,,,plus you might drop lucky and get a hare or two that are poor,,,only last week I saw this,,,I was shooting hares,,and the first two were flyers and both were missed,,,the next one,,was no problem at all,,,I checked it over,,nothing visible but I knew it was poor

And not forgetting one trip to the fens,,,might not tell you that much,,,do a season or two,,to get the real feel,,,,plus you might drop lucky and get a hare or two that are poor,,,only last week I saw this,,,I was shooting hares,,and the first two were flyers and both were missed,,,the next one,,was no problem at all,,,I checked it over,,nothing visible but I knew it was poor

but surely that can be said for any land can't take the credit from the dog it all on the day if he does well and kills I'll be chuffed bring a dog up here in Scotland same thing could be said