Do Problem

fay

Think in Eire a female ferrets a doe ? So you have a ferret that skulks in the burrow mouth and won't come out ?

Spend as much time as possible with it and pipes in the garden move slow and quietly and take your time picking it up , when it does it you will be include to snatch at it in the burrow mouth and that just makes it worse

A real rabbit will lure it out by smell if put at the mouth of a hole, where as the ferret would have to be at that particular hole to see the lure. Try getting down low as not to tower over the hole. Try standing back a bit. I have a skulker always use a rabbit or if haven't caught one then just stand back and let them come out a fair bit before picking them up

Don't grab at it when its at the mouth of the hole.be patient and let it walk well clear of the hole and calmly pick

It up.

This is definitely the way forward or you end up teaching it to skulk more and more. I find if I want them out I start packing up the nets and they come out to see what the fuss is about.

A ferret like thats a real problem your probably only getting two hours out a days ferreting the rest your standing about waiting , its even worse in the rain getting cold and wet waiting for her coming out , spend the summer working on the problem mate