Anyone Else Working Malinois X Greyhounds Or Similar

That's rings true Royo natural looking types with out any exaggeration collie curs mall types cattle dogs kelpies aalsations all throw similiar types but for the sizes.i reckon this collie mall litter will blend nicely and hopefully keep any silly traits at bay.atb bunnys.

That's what we were hoping for We would like to produce something that resembles the rough tough working collie x's that seam to have disappeared. Only time will tell but we hope that using well tested working dogs will pay off with a nice line of luchers capable of being true allrounders.

How s the pups doing have you had much interest in them.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These 2 are first cross with a greyhound sire and Malinois dam. They are litter mates a dog and a bitch. Any one working similar cross's.

They're are doing very well and produced a fairly even litter. Hardy, fearless, clever, but a bit hard to keep occupied. Good with the gun, live stock, not seen ferrets yet, bark/bite on command, fol

These three came from a bitch that was very driven. I was told she failed her police test on the "leave command". However she was not a maniac that would bite anything that moved. The pups have a very

Posted Images

What's the temperament and working ability of the sire like GVC?

He is very sensible and palsied out side of work but as soon as he is out the yard he is switched on there is no off button. He is totally obsessed with hunting and using his nose. The dog will air cent at an incredible distance and as he closes in turns to ground cent and all this Is at a pace most dogs will struggle to keep pace with just following him. He will hunt on cent alone until he is a dot on the horizon and will take any quarry single handed. He holds none of the negative traits you see in some collie crosses. He runs everything like his life depends on it. The only reason we are trying this cross is we feel it's best way to try and replicate the sire. He will work from sun up till sun down and never look disinterested or half hearted. No matter what there is to hunt he will find it hunt it and retrieve it if possible. He is seven now and works as hard and with all the vigour and intensity as he did in his early days. He has to seen to appreciate him.

• Like 1

That's rings true Royo natural looking types with out any exaggeration collie curs mall types cattle dogs kelpies aalsations all throw similiar types but for the sizes.i reckon this collie mall litter will blend nicely and hopefully keep any silly traits at bay.atb bunnys.

That's what we were hoping for We would like to produce something that resembles the rough tough working collie x's that seam to have disappeared. Only time will tell but we hope that using well tested working dogs will pay off with a nice line of luchers capable of being true allrounders.

Pups are coming on really well but they are just 3 weeks old. I've not advertised them as I really need to see what they are turning out like and I think until they hit the six week mark it's hard to judge.
  • Like 1

Right direction collie types of old even the xs grey thirty yrs ago were so different than most ta day ,gud that bit a malli should harden them out and level there heads with out the use of terrier blood usually bull. That's the thing work ethics and not visuall looks these should be placed ta good knowledgable working homes atb bunnys

100% agree with you on this post.

Pups are coming on really well but they are just 3 weeks old. I've not advertised them as I really need to see what they are turning out like and I think until they hit the six week mark it's hard to judge.
Yeah it's a lot easier to have a gamble on a pup when they are nearer 8 weeks ,can get better idea of their temperament etc.

Just a thought gvc would it not be better to get where you want to be with the malinois cross, maybe line/inbreeding, before adding new blood? In no way a criticism just thinking that they maybe be a bit unpredictable on what you are getting and a few generations of the breeding may tell you more about what you have/want?

Just a thought gvc would it not be better to get where you want to be with the malinois cross, maybe line/inbreeding, before adding new blood? In no way a criticism just thinking that they maybe be a bit unpredictable on what you are getting and a few generations of the breeding may tell you more about what you have/want?

Yes I agree with you and your point is a valid one. I wouldn't rule that out in the future. But the reason we started on this venture with this cross was to out cross her with our collie cross dog. We hoped she would help with coat,size,length and gameness but essentially staying with the herding blood. All of these things are present in the bitch and after working her we are very pleased with her so far. We hope these good points will Pass on to the pups. But all this said until the pups have proven them selves and we are able to assess there work ethic and natures the next step is un known.

• Like 3