Anyone Else Working Malinois X Greyhounds Or Similar

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These 2 are first cross with a greyhound sire and Malinois dam. They are litter mates a dog and a bitch. Any one working similar cross's.

They're are doing very well and produced a fairly even litter. Hardy, fearless, clever, but a bit hard to keep occupied. Good with the gun, live stock, not seen ferrets yet, bark/bite on command, fol

These three came from a bitch that was very driven. I was told she failed her police test on the "leave command". However she was not a maniac that would bite anything that moved. The pups have a very

Posted Images

Really interesting thread. Another question. What are like in kennel? Noisy or quiet? Do they have any guarding instinct?

They don't bark all day long but they will let you know there is a stranger around. The bitch has a stronger guarding instinct than the tow dogs, but with that said she has matured six month faster than the dogs. That is in the body and the mind. If you where to end up in a spot of bother i would think the bitch will have your corner. She has a habit of tucking in close to you and putting her self in between you and anything she's not sure of . As I've said earlier these dogs have it all in front of them but so far i find the to have Good feet and coat, they are well balanced, They have an excellent prey drive but a steady and trainable temperament. In fact unlike most breeds they thrive on the obedience side of things sit, lie, stay, retrieve and jumping they never seem to display the disinterested signs that we all watch out for in our young dogs.
  • Like 4

T

how do they compare with the wheaton x you keep? temperament, work style etc?

They are just as keen and dedicated to catching. They are still Young and have been entered relatively carfuly. They have never taken a backward step as of yet. The Wheaton I have is hard act to follow , he is very full on but at the same time he could not catch what they can.

• Like 1

How would you describe their temperaments? Are they driven/hyper as you would expect from the Malinois blood?

These three came from a bitch that was very driven. I was told she failed her police test on the "leave command". However she was not a maniac that would bite anything that moved. The pups have a very high prey drive they run with conviction to say the least. But they thrive on praise and will do anything for it. They are also sensitive to being told off. All stock broke easily to all stock, and broke to ferrets ,they are all good with other dogs. They enjoy retrieving and jump well. They are strong robust animals that can catch the fastest of our quarry. They are young dogs with it all in front of them but at the minute i do not regret trying the cross in the siltiest.

one a my mates has a litter brother dog he come 26, black also beautys them fella atb bunnys.

• Like 1

The dogs have the edge on the bitch for top speed. She has hunted up and been close enough to force a mystake and capitalise on it. The dogs have the pace for definite but aren't as mature (they are yet to start and cock there legs)as her they need to learn to pick there strike as they are a little over keen and rush the job a bit. I'd be interested to see a second generation cross of the bread to compare to them.