Pigs in Pembrokeshire?

Hi guys,

was out for a walk a few weeks ago, on national park land near Barafundle bay in pembrokeshire, and we came across some patches of ground where the turf had been stripped clean of all the turf. It looked like something had been moyling around in patches about 2-3 metres in diameter.

Now, I know next to f**k all about boars, but is this a sign of a boar digging around for something? I havn't heard of any round here, but there's miles & miles of woodland and open fields where we were, and I can't think of any other animal that would leave marks like that. Any sugestions?

i had a stroll around that area Saturday, no joy

• 1 month later...
The marks were on the headland, approx. half way between Barafundle and Broadhaven beaches.

as yo go acoss the beach,and up the steps ,look back inland and that's where the old stackpole warren used to be .

the grass on the headland is turned up as you say,but you will also find a lot of badger shit pots.

and i think that is what;s turnning the ground up.

go into the old warren ,over the wall and theres sets every where :)

You could be right there tawny!

I used to have a mooch with my dad on the warrens when I was a kid. Do you know the area well?

wale is a small place mate as you know,and them diging you see on top of stackpole have been there for a few yars now

going back ten year though there used to be a hell of a lot of rabbits on the old warren,but the place have been invaded with badger

over the nine years or so.

you would b right in thinking pigs turned the soil up on the head,it looks like,but the ground up there is hard and the badgers tend to rip

yards up at a time looking for worms .

sorry if ive dashed your hopes of a pork dinner mate, buts thats how it is :)

:laugh: I was just curious about the marks, I've never heard of any pigs here, & come to think of it, when we come across the marks one of the boys suggested badgers, but then somebody else thought that they didn't dig like that. That's why I asked the question, because I didn't know! Looks like i'll have to stick to tesco for the pork! :laugh: