Is Any Experienced Person Looking To Borrow A Harris Hawk For Season

Lee C

Hi all anyone with a lot of experience looking for a bird to borrow for the flying season. My Harris this year is becoming just a pet and it is frustrating for me and no good for him. He is a cracking bird but due to young child who is not big enough to carry all my hawking gear and wife working weekends, he is not getting flown and I hate to admit it. I was wondering if there is a competent, experienced person in east Northamptonshire that has a good set up, maybe just lost an older bird due to age or of the likes. This is a hard thing to do but if their is some one who wants the loan of a cracking little bird. Then let me know. We would need to meet and discuss obviously. And as stated just a loan to get him out and flying.

Has flown with other birds and ferrets. Been out with the dog but does not like other dogs! He is a mans bird and does not fly to my wife. Bullet proof in manning, won't hood (Little shite!) would probably fly the lamp well. He is silent so no feeding and flying in the back garden please as don't want a screamer back. But as said can discuss.

Would rather not have any negative comments on this guys I'm doing the for the bird and it not easy !! Hence not selling him as he is my little flying buddy and already hate myself enough over it.

Let me know Lee

• Like 2

Good luck mate. I'd post this on the falconryforum if you haven't already. I'd imagine more traffic than this site. Atb

He said he'd rather not get any negative comments.Thats all they do on there.

....to right ..if your not flying a 3 way bred falcon or a massive Gos and been in to falconry for 20 plus years then they look at you like shite lol........just bunch of cock measures on there.....

Ps hope you get some thing sorted for the bird lee

Good luck mate. I'd post this on the falconryforum if you haven't already. I'd imagine more traffic than this site. Atb

He said he'd rather not get any negative comments.Thats all they do on there.

....to right ..if your not flying a 3 way bred falcon or a massive Gos and been in to falconry for 20 plus years then they look at you like shite lol........just bunch of cock measures on there.....

Ps hope you get some thing sorted for the bird lee

Absolutely!........& don't mention sparrow hawks FFS! Lol

Cheers guys not been on IFF for a long time as you have all mentioned good reason not to. Can't be doing with it all. Been doing it about 15 years and don't claim to know a thing just offer words of help take them or leave them I would not be a fended.

Hope you are all having a good season, missing getting out in the field and it clearing head and cleansing my soul.

All the very best

Lee C

• 2 weeks later...