Khan V Alexander

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wondered if there would be a topic on here about Khan..... being as how most of the regular boxing posters said he would never win a world title in a million years   The kid put on a near punch p

After seeing his first couple of pro fights i knew Khan would go a long way its a long time since id seen such hand and foot speed,i dont think ive ever seen a British fighter deal with southpaws so e

Alexander, because Khan has a glass jaw, I thought Khan had retired

Ive never understood how people say Khan has a glass chin you just need to watch the fight between him and Maidana to see that..... the thing with Khan he gets a bit excited doesnt stick to his game plan and gets involved in a war ...the twice he has been knocked out they punches would of knocked out most fighters ....I think the timing is right at the stages they are in there carreers that he can beat Mayweather .

I wondered if there would be a topic on here about Khan..... being as how most of the regular boxing posters said he would never win a world title in a million years :laugh:

The kid put on a near punch perfect performance winning every round in one of the biggest fights of his life and folk say " nowt spectacular "...." a wins a win " !!....We in this country supposedly admire grit and determination......the kid took humiliating defeats,went away and improved his technical ability enough that his chin is now not really an issue !......His speed of hand and foot,his engine and will to win now put him in a position where he can challenge possibly the greatest fighter of our generation......and all people can say is " not bad "...

The thing i always loved about boxing is how it brought out the truth in people and whether you accept him as Pakistani or English is neither here nor there the truth is he has the sporting character that us English love and my hats off to him.

• Like 7

Ive never understood how people say Khan has a glass chin you just need to watch the fight between him and Maidana to see that..... the thing with Khan he gets a bit excited doesnt stick to his game plan and gets involved in a war ...the twice he has been knocked out they punches would of knocked out most fighters ....I think the timing is right at the stages they are in there carreers that he can beat Mayweather .

I wondered if there would be a topic on here about Khan..... being as how most of the regular boxing posters said he would never win a world title in a million years :laugh:

The kid put on a near punch perfect performance winning every round in one of the biggest fights of his life and folk say " nowt spectacular "...." a wins a win " !!....We in this country supposedly admire grit and determination......the kid took humiliating defeats,went away and improved his technical ability enough that his chin is now not really an issue !......His speed of hand and foot,his engine and will to win now put him in a position where he can challenge possibly the greatest fighter of our generation......and all people can say is " not bad "...

The thing i always loved about boxing is how it brought out the truth in people and whether you accept him as Pakistani or English is neither here nor there the truth is he has the sporting character that us English love and my hats off to him.

Thats British boxing fans for ya...(or just maybe a case of any other colour but brown)...it was the same when Hatton beat Tsyu...depite hatton being the underdog...as soon as he won...some dismissed it as Tsyu being over the hill...Khan totaly out classed his man the other night...but i must confess i didnt find that match as entertaining as the 5 rounds of Mares v Ramirez on the undercard...hats off to Khan for the win forsure...just very one sided...but the big question is what next for Khan??...Mayweather sounds more interested in a match with Pacquiao...maybe Khan was too quick to sneer at Hearns offer for a show down with Brook at wembley????

Edited by AKA-BRINDLE

Thats British boxing fans for ya...(or just maybe a case of any other colour but brown)...it was the same when Hatton beat Tsyu...depite hatton being the underdog...as soon as he won...some dismissed it as Tsyu being over the hill...Khan totaly out classed his man the other night...but i must confess i didnt find that match as entertaining as the 5 rounds of Mares v Ramirez on the undercard...hats off to Khan for the win forsure...just very one sided...but the big question is what next for Khan??...Mayweather sounds more interested in a match with Pacquiao...maybe Khan was too quick to sneer at Hearns offer for a show down with Brook at wembley????

Personally id put Khans achievements in the sport way above Hattons but thats another argument......a Khan v Brook fight makes a lot of sense for Brook but i wouldnt think its something that would interest Khan unless he loses next time out......to be fair i cant see anyone beating Mayweather but i do think Khan can give him more problems than Pacquiao can......far as i remember i dont think Mayweather has faced speed and workrate i can certainly see Khan making him think for 4 or 5 rounds.......but as you say he might end up having to settle for a big domestic dust up with Brook anyway.

• Like 1

I think both Pacquio and Khan have a real shot at beating Mayweather, his legs have gone IMO. Of course he will avoid them like the plague and cherry pick an opponent. One of the greatest of all time?? Pleeeease, he hasn't even fought the best of his era let, great fighter but he's too concerned with keeping that 0.

I think both Pacquio and Khan have a real shot at beating Mayweather, his legs have gone IMO. Of course he will avoid them like the plague and cherry pick an opponent. One of the greatest of all time?? Pleeeease, he hasn't even fought the best of his era let, great fighter but he's too concerned with keeping that 0.

I wouldnt put him in any all time great list but he is without doubt the greatest fighter of his generation.......if not then who is ?

I am biassed as i am a massive mayweather fan always have been! lol but to say he hasn't fought the best of his era?! forget pacquiao and khan floyd has consistently beaten the very top opponents and outclassed them all over the years, castillo, de la hoya, cotto, chaves, judah, gatti, mosely, marquez to name a few! Floyds on the decline and getting on, but pac man nor khan would cause him to much trouble for another couple years imo!

• Like 1

I am a massive mayweather fan also.

But I think he will have trouble with Khan.

Nobody else.

Just Khan.

Alot of the lads say the same mate, im not a fan of khan but was impressed with his performance against alexander! Like i read above somewhere i can see khan making floyd think for a few rounds due to his speed/footwork but can only see floyd finding a way to out box him! I hope the fight does come through to be honest, would be good for british boxing!

• Like 1

I am biassed as i am a massive mayweather fan always have been! lol but to say he hasn't fought the best of his era?! forget pacquiao and khan floyd has consistently beaten the very top opponents and outclassed them all over the years, castillo, de la hoya, cotto, chaves, judah, gatti, mosely, marquez to name a few! Floyds on the decline and getting on, but pac man nor khan would cause him to much trouble for another couple years imo!

You are probably more familiar with yank fighters than me mate,has Mayweather faced any real speed merchants like Khan before ? i cant think of too many

You are probably more familiar with yank fighters than me mate,has Mayweather faced any real speed merchants like Khan before ? i cant think of too many

khan would be the fastest opponent floyd has fought in a long time and maybe ever has. That's the one thing that would make the fight interesting for me! Zab judah would be very close speed wise to khan to me and was the only man whos floyd to the punch.. but how much has floyd slowed down since that fight?! Khan could give mayweather some problems i cant argue that fact, but floyd still to clever, slick and would have him timed after a few rounds imo!