Is Torture Ever Justified

I like the response an Australian Mayor said on live radio when being interviewed:

Interviewer: "What do you think of the reports about terrorists being tortured with electric shocks?"

Mayor "If it saves just 1 Australian life, I have three things to say. Red is positive. Black is negative. And make sure his balls are wet."

The interview terminated immediately.

I'd vote for him! That's all I'm saying.

There are a lot of sayings attributed to Australian politicians, the majority are urban myths. An Australian politician DID say of the recent hostage situation, " I don't think it was politically motivated", even though the purpetrator was wearing an ISIS head band, put an Islamic flag up and demanded to be given an ISIS flag. I'm afraid Australian politicians are much the same as ours; out of touch with normal people. Normal Australians and are much the same as us, fed up with lying politicians, and the appeasement of extremists.

Probably true. It may well be an urban legend. But the principle behind the story, whether it's fact or fiction, I agree with.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why should we fight with one hand tied behind our back ? If they stick to the Geneva Convention, so will we. If they want to terrorise us, then we will torture them to stop them from blowing up innoce

Tony Blair is the worst thing that has happened to the world in the last 20years and especially to the UK. An absolute disaster from start to finish and a guy that was only ever looking out for him an

What makes you think they have not already done it ?......these Islamic extremists are a complete f***ing gift to governments.   They will get just about anything through parliament or congress in t

Posted Images

Torture applied correctly is right and will undoubtedly save lives.

Live by sword die by the sword.

When those cowards enter the arena and use the tactics they do then governments have a duty of care to their citizens to give them protection. It is not a game people's lives are at stake and our way of life.

To say it's against their human rights is quite lame and cowardly. Bring these people to see the casualties and explain to their families why suspects should live unharmed without out fear of pain while they keep knowledge of future atrocities to themselves because it's not fair to interrogate said scum.

I am neither encouraging it or condoning it, and I think it is awful, but of course it works.

It may be diminishing returns/flawed and innocents may suffer, but intelligence of some sort it often gained.

Any report and any comments suggesting it is useless and never works are naive in the extreme.