Is Torture Ever Justified

Communism was also a new concept to Europe when Marx wrote his Manifesto. Theoretically wonderfull; practically insane. Even the Russians, Chinese, Vietnamese, Cambodians, et al, corrupted communism into dictatorship. Cuba made a good go of it, but the Americans were determined to make it fail. They could not have anything but capitalism in the Americas to support there Kensyian policy to make the Dollar the world currency.

Do you mean to say Milton Friedman?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why should we fight with one hand tied behind our back ? If they stick to the Geneva Convention, so will we. If they want to terrorise us, then we will torture them to stop them from blowing up innoce

Tony Blair is the worst thing that has happened to the world in the last 20years and especially to the UK. An absolute disaster from start to finish and a guy that was only ever looking out for him an

What makes you think they have not already done it ?......these Islamic extremists are a complete f***ing gift to governments.   They will get just about anything through parliament or congress in t

Posted Images

Communism was also a new concept to Europe when Marx wrote his Manifesto. Theoretically wonderfull; practically insane. Even the Russians, Chinese, Vietnamese, Cambodians, et al, corrupted communism into dictatorship. Cuba made a good go of it, but the Americans were determined to make it fail. They could not have anything but capitalism in the Americas to support there Kensyian policy to make the Dollar the world currency.

NO, I meant what I said, Kensian. Edited by Brigzy

Democracy only exists whilst it suits those in power....

I guess communism is just the title we know what it represents, I hate it with a passion and would sooner capitalism any day of the week. My grandfather (staunch conservative) always said the only answer was a compassionate dictator. In reality there is no answer other than the cycle of history.

Joe, the term was "benoverlent dictatorship" something I espoused since I was in high school, many years ago ! The dictator would still need a council to advise, so you automatically head back to a monarchy or a parliament witha prime minister ! Even Soloman wasn't wise enough to rule on his own, what's the answer? I don't know, better men than me have tried. But we should never give up trying to make things better.

It's just a little bit worrying when you think ... what if the government one day does something big, something to take away our rights and freedoms, I know we all complain about it being chipped away at but just imagine something big.

What if you stand up ? Say enough is enough ? Take a stand ? ... you'd soon be branded a terrorist!

It's act like the human rights act and the Geneva convention that may condone the way you'd be treated!

I in no way think these proven terrorists deserve to be treated well for what they have done, especially proven killers and murderer's of innocent, and I don't want to start an argument ... but the thought worries me

What makes you think they have not already done it ?......these Islamic extremists are a complete f***ing gift to governments.

They will get just about anything through parliament or congress in the name of "public protection" now?

Rights and freedoms??......bloody hell, wake up !!

• Like 4

NO, I meant what I said, Kensian.

Well, I'm not an economist by any stretch of the imagination. But it seems to be mostly Friedman/Austrian mind sets over here. Personally, I lean Kenynesian myself. ;)

There's always the risk that the "ineffective" element of torture is, that the man you torture, will tell you it was his own mother who blew up the twin towers, just to make you stop torturing him.

There was a case of police brutality in the 70s (I can't remember the name.of the guy now) but he had learning difficulties. The police beat him and interviewed him about it for days. He confessed, convicted and imprisoned for about 30 years. Turned out he never did it and dna evidence brought to light showed he was innocent and released.

Edited by Its_grim_up_norf

Ask yourselves "Would our countries enemies torture us for information if they could"?

The answer would be yes, so theres my reason for saying crack on and do it to them. ;)

I know two wrongs don't make a right but as the saying goes - alls fair in love and war.

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

Many people think Tony Blair is a war criminal, yet he is now the "Middle East Peace Envoy" .....

Tony Blair is the worst thing that has happened to the world in the last 20years and especially to the UK. An absolute disaster from start to finish and a guy that was only ever looking out for him and his family from the very beginning whilst feeding the public he was all for the common man. What an absolute pile of steaming cack.

The whole war in Iraq was effectively a way of greasing the sweaty palms of the Arab states and nothing more. This gave Blair the foot in the door he wanted to ensure he would be in his current role, a role which many ambassadors have called to be dissolved because of his decision to not only go to war with Iraq without sufficient evidence but also because of his ineffective methods of managing the situation he was given - The Gaza Strip.

Blair said something along the lines of "The world be a more stable and peaceful place once the regime of Saddam is overturned". Really?

• Like 5

I don't think the damage Blair has done to our society and the greater world in general can be understated.....the fact is that we are less free, more in debt, less safe and our traditions and values are in their last death throws!!

Who would have thought one man could do this without ever raising a gun and with voter consent

• Like 2

It beggars belief that interrogation practices by the CIA etc.are allowed to become a news item around the world,it just gives the raggy headed cowardly fanatics a little more ammo for their ignorant cause.The CIA etc.,should be able to use ANY means at their disposal to gleen information from the cowardly scum,if the odd innocent soul is caught up in the process then thats a price worth paying,when do terrorists and fanatics play by rules that don,t serve them?.

• Like 2

I like the response an Australian Mayor said on live radio when being interviewed:

Interviewer: "What do you think of the reports about terrorists being tortured with electric shocks?"

Mayor "If it saves just 1 Australian life, I have three things to say. Red is positive. Black is negative. And make sure his balls are wet."

The interview terminated immediately.

I'd vote for him! That's all I'm saying.

• Like 3

I like the response an Australian Mayor said on live radio when being interviewed:

Interviewer: "What do you think of the reports about terrorists being tortured with electric shocks?"

Mayor "If it saves just 1 Australian life, I have three things to say. Red is positive. Black is negative. And make sure his balls are wet."

The interview terminated immediately.

I'd vote for him! That's all I'm saying.

There are a lot of sayings attributed to Australian politicians, the majority are urban myths. An Australian politician DID say of the recent hostage situation, " I don't think it was politically motivated", even though the purpetrator was wearing an ISIS head band, put an Islamic flag up and demanded to be given an ISIS flag. I'm afraid Australian politicians are much the same as ours; out of touch with normal people. Normal Australians and are much the same as us, fed up with lying politicians, and the appeasement of extremists.

• Like 1