Mole Trapping

Hi, do you lads make the owner pay for the mole traps or supply them yourselves? My permission has rabbits and moles was thinking about trapping the moles as I already do the rabbits to keep the owner happy but I dont wanna be out of pocket but I also don't want to sound like a cheeky t**t asking for them to shell out if no one else does lol?

That's the idear the farm next to my permission isn't overkeen on me ferreting but might just persuade them if I do some moles to?

I wouldn't ask for money for the traps just get them to buy the traps so I don't have to shell out and if they go missing I'm not out of pocket. How many traps do you's set a time, these alfields have a big problem with the moles?

ask yourself, if you didn't have this permission, how much would you need to pay to shoot

mole traps can cost as little as £5, you'll probably want someone to teach you how to catch moles for free too wont ya :laugh:

We are mixing up professional and amateur here big time.

Mole trapping looks easy on the face of it, anyone can do it......yeah right. I say this in the full and certain knowledge that I have been doing it for years, and one of my guys still makes me look like a beginner, hence why I leave him to do most of the mole work.

Simple though the technique may seem, the reality is it is a skilled job, Experts make it look easy! Screw up and you get trap shy moles which makes them harder to catch!

Yeah, anyone can buy a trap and have a go, they may even catch one, as Stubby has said though, get some training or leave it to those who know what they are doing!

ATB! :thumbs:

• Like 1

ask yourself, if you didn't have this permission, how much would you need to pay to shoot

mole traps can cost as little as £5, you'll probably want someone to teach you how to catch moles for free too wont ya :laugh:

lol wouldn't cost me nout to shoot I ferret it and will never pay for permission of any kind! 1 trap costs a fiver 20 traps will cost me 100 quid I can better spend pal and u shouldn't be doing any hunting if you can't set a mole trap

No doubt deker professionals will do it much better than an armature like myself but I'm just trying to help the land owner out and earn some browny points, I don't know how much it costs to have a professional do the job but I'm guessing it would be cheaper if I done it then if they get moles again later on the traps are there ?

If a farmer is not keen on you ferreting, then how will catching a few moles help?

Buy yourself 6 traps about £30, advertise your services on lamp posts etc, you`ll soon recoup your money and make a bit, and may even have a thriving mole business on the side.

Alb

I have ferreting permission that's got a big problem with moles, the farm next door which I'd like permission on dosnt like strangers at all, I was thinking if they knew I was helping out with all the pests them might be more inclined to let me ferret and lamp there, thought it was worth ago.

No doubt deker professionals will do it much better than an armature like myself but I'm just trying to help the land owner out and earn some browny points, I don't know how much it costs to have a professional do the job but I'm guessing it would be cheaper if I done it then if they get moles again later on the traps are there ?

I think you have misunderstood my post.

If mole trapping was as simple as spending £15-£20 on a few traps how do you think professionals would ever make a living?

You will not help the landowner or win any brownie points if you are there day after day catching nothing and simply making his moles more trap shy. I have seen it time and time again, my husband tried for weeks, our gardener had a go, the neighbour up the road tried, my mate told me how to do it, etc, etc,...... then they called a professional, who had a right job and charged more because amateurs had made their task a lot harder.

We all have to start somewhere, but I strongly suggest you get some training/experience before you tell the landowner you are a mole trapper.

• Like 2

I think you have misunderstood my post.

If mole trapping was as simple as spending £15-£20 on a few traps how do you think professionals would ever make a living?

You will not help the landowner or win any brownie points if you are there day after day catching nothing and simply making his moles more trap shy. I have seen it time and time again, my husband tried for weeks, our gardener had a go, the neighbour up the road tried, my mate told me how to do it, etc, etc,...... then they called a professional, who had a right job and charged more because amateurs had made their task a lot harder.

We all have to start somewhere, but I strongly suggest you get some training/experience before you tell the landowner you are a mole trapper.

I see were ur coming from like, lol I wouldn't be telling anyone I'm a mole trapper though......because I'm not I'm a gas fitter that likes to work my dogs n ferrets trying to keep gain abit more land to hunt on and keep the current ones happy :-). I best get on YouTube ;-).