Edinburgh

My Spanish is terrible but the misses speaks great English with a yank accent and most of her family speak it as well. I'm learning or trying to Haha. What's sonora and merida like? I'm pale as fook and ginger so get some funny looks waiting for the bus haha.

:laugh: I have the problem of speaking a mixture of Castellano and Mexican :laugh:

No mames guay :laugh:

Sonora is the desert just south of Arizon and Merida is tropical ;)

Edited by mushroom

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get te fuckk Northern   Nairn is better than Weegieland

Mexico..... Can't you f***ing read?!?!

at least in weegieland people will talk to you never meet so many ignorant people since I've started to work in Edinburgh the only decent people is the polish haha

Posted Images

Ive told her were going to Edinburgh and shes going to see where the Loch Ness monster is from. Hopefully I can actually get her there and hopefully the weather is bad enough for me to get there and get out again haha. Im guessing at this time of year it might be quiet busy so i guess id best book some where. When ive been to Mexico I can speak enough of the lingo to ask for a beer and say she has beautiful eyes but thats it! I really need to do more. What little i know from school seems to be wrong as i dont have the right accents on stuff. The country around Cancun seems to be just pure jungle as far as the eye can see.

Definitely Edinburgh for me. Glasgow's a great city too but the I think the capital scrubs up really well for the festive. A day just knocking about the old town & a trip to the castle. Hit tripadvisor for the pubs & eateries an take your pick...plenty of decent pubs & restaurants to choose from.

For me the West coast (especially the further North you go) is the dogs but you need at least a week to really start to appreciate it properly. If you don't want to go too far North I'd maybe suggest maybe somewhere like Kenmore. It's only about an hour and a half drive from Edinburgh. Quiet wee village at the mouth of Loch Tay and the start of the river. Plenty of lodges/cottages around there, and I'd recommend having a wee dram in front of a roaring fire in the Kenmore Hotel.

If you're relatively fit (weather permitting obviously) a walk up Ben Lawers is easily do-able. About 20 mins from Kenmore, it's a Munro and a proper mountain, but a wee bit of a cheat 'cos you start quite high.

If that's not for you, a drive along loch Tay to Killin and the Falls of Dochart maybe?

Whatever and wherever you decide I'm sure you'll be made to feel very welcome.

Slàinte, Pesky.

post-91810-0-97698500-1418471178.jpg

post-91810-0-50070100-1418471923.jpg

post-91810-0-07175600-1418471931.jpg

post-91810-0-30190700-1418471937.jpg

Who doesnt love a good foreign swearword! I jokingly called her a puta once not knowing what it meant and she nearly kicked my head in and wouldnt speak to me for a couple of days haha. Must say im looking forward to this little trip. Never really been to Scotland much so its a bit of an adventure for me aswell.