Is Feeding 1 Or 2 Raw Chicken Carcass A Day Healthy?

Is feeding 1 or 2 chicken carcasses a day healthy for a gowing pup. I used to feed my pup 1 a day not if he had other bone though. Now he is a week off being 4 months and 21" tts and he can polish 2 off no problem.

What I am asking would that be to much bone in his diet. Does seem that the cacass are more like cartlidge but I am no expert?

Also I can get fresh carcasses for 50P a bag usually with about 20 carcasses in. There is still some meat on them to. They do come with quite a lot of skin on but I only give him a bit of it as he seems to regurgetate his meal back up when eaten sometimes.

I was gonna buy some raw chicken mince off the net £30 for 56LB. But when I read the ingredients it says it was chicken carcasses and chicken thighs. I know thighs are quite meaty, which would be a good thing but for all I know the amount of thigh could be minimal. Would be good to hear what other members think on this matter.

He gets all the other things foods mentioned above apart from tripe. Been phoning a rew suppliers today for tipe/mince base but havent found it at any decent price. a fella in ipswich had nit for 54p a lb but dont deliver to Liverpool. He wont entertain liver or kidney even cut up in tiny pieces the little fooker will either pic it out or turn his nose up (I wish he would eat it as most raw diets I have looked at say 5% offal).

Think thats what I was trying to get at Gaz buying chicken mince (carcass) and using it as a base as he does tend to like white meat more. But where people are saying dont feed carcass every day the mince would be carcass so I couldnt feed that daily.

Sometimes he turns his nose up to raw red meat/ and fatty off cuts so I do still have to feed hime some Beta puppy just to get something down him. I do throw beef dripping in with his foods if he is not eating fat. On a plus note he is starting to get some meat and muscle on him the fussy fooker.

Do you think he could eat Gain 28 now he is a just over a week of reaching 4 months. Only want to use this as a back-up if he being fussy.

• Like 1

This thread should help you.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/325143-who-uses-the-bloke-in-the-white-sprinter-on-saturdays-in-liverpool/

Tripe is 50p a pound, he sells it in 2lb blocks, beef is the same, chicken is 30p a pound again sold in 2lb blocks

out of all the suppliers i've tried of raw minces the stuff he sells is better - my dogs eat it no problem,

he does tend to run low on tripe quickly though, i know he had non in yesterday even though he stocks up on Fridays.

Try heart as well.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread should help you.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/325143-who-uses-the-bloke-in-the-white-sprinter-on-saturdays-in-liverpool/

Tripe is 50p a pound, he sells it in 2lb blocks, beef is the same, chicken is 30p a pound again sold in 2lb blocks

out of all the suppliers i've tried of raw minces the stuff he sells is better - my dogs eat it no problem,

he does tend to run low on tripe quickly though, i know he had non in yesterday even though he stocks up on Fridays.

Try heart as well.

Chook only just seen this reply mate. Nice one. One of the lads messaged me about him.

• 2 weeks later...