What's Her Chances?

Hi lads, disaster has struck today, and yesterday. My little jack x staff bitch had a seizure/fit last night when I came home from work. She started panting like feck, and I noticed her eyes going a bit funny, I went over and she collapsed and then started going in to a spasm, her legs all tightened up and her head went right back along her spine. Her eyes were bulgeing out and she let out an uncontrolled scream. Then stopped breathing altogether. Then she started coming around? And within a minute was fine again? (I know I should of taken her to the vets last night) she was fine all night, I told our lass what had happened and she said she (the dog) had had a bit of a dizzy do and fallen over a couple of weeks ago. So I've been on tender hooks all day and came home from work again. She's bouncing around like a tit (as usual) then starts with the panting and goes in to a fit again! Straight to the vets, she bouncing around like a pup again and then has a fit in the waiting room as soon as we get thru the door! I've since had a call from the vet that says she's had another one while she's been there, they have done a blood test and that's shown nothing but a bit of a lack of protein? And they are not ruling out liver failure?

I'm in bits here lads and it's not looking good by the sounds. She's never been to ground, but was mustard on rats! She's nine in January if that helps?

She's at the vets and it's looking like £500 already but she's insured so that's irrevelant, but just wondered what you lads thought? I know some of you are more qualified than some vets round here.

Cheers for any help, I'm ready for the worst and tbh I don't want to prelong the enevitable, I don't always think the vets have the animals interest at heart ££££££

Usually when fits start they can be a rare occurance and the dog learns to deal with them. They usually start to become more and more frequent as time passes and dogs struggle to come out of them and at that stage theres only one thing to do. It can often take a long time for a dog to reach this stage but your one seems to be having them frequently which in my experience may not be good news at all. Sorry for only offering bad news but thats what ive learned over the years in regards to seizures.

in a wrong sort of way its for the best. watched my sister trying to deal with her white shepard who started to have fits, £400 a month in medication and the fits just got more frequent and severe, eventually after coming round after a fit he snapped at one of the kids albeit the after effect of the fit but something that could not be forgiven, she should have made the decision sooner in my opinion but each of us are different when it comes to our dogs,