Sign in to follow this  
bobajob

Price Per Day For Hounds

You shoot 70 foxes in one day ??? ........

Everyday were out :-p No, my bad punctuation, lol

Being a hunting man I refer to the guns are "fuckers" or similar, I'd never use such a word to describe old Charlie boy ;-p

Edited by Alimac2

£300 plus for a registered gun pack day on shoots up here, 400 for 2 days, 500 for 3 days & that's with a pack very much below par

I wouldn't say they are very much below par now with the new blood lines brought into the kennels :thumbs: if it's the pack I think your talking about.

loads of lads are happy to turn out for free and travel at there own expense,just for the love of it,if ya paying for hounds to come then find a new set of lads,money don't come into it atb,

• Like 1

£300 plus for a registered gun pack day on shoots up here, 400 for 2 days, 500 for 3 days & that's with a pack very much below par

I wouldn't say they are very much below par now with the new blood lines brought into the kennels :thumbs: if it's the pack I think your talking about.
It is indeed & I still think the same :-) you can have a Ferrari in the garage but it ain't much use if the driver isn't interested in going for a good spin ;-) until the young lad grows up & takes over it will always be the same.

Probably 90% of small packs would do it free of charge just for the love of it ,it isnt cheap to keep even a small pack going .We have 10 couple beagles and the weekly expense varies, price of food ,unexpected vet bills ,inocullations ,up keep of kennels ,bedding , worming ,keeping hounds in good form ,hound transport and how many of you got hound insurance ? on top of all this we would never ever dream of charging ,infact every christmas we travel around farms with a bottle or two for each farmer as a thankyou gesture because with out them theres no sport ,no sport is no need for hounds :thumbs:

• Like 2

I hear the Scottish hillpacks are charging 400 per day, but that dont leave much when you consider what it cost for a vehicle, fuel, transport, food, injures and looking for lost hounds

I enjoy doing shoots because a good keeper knows the ground well, by that I mean where to postion guns and whats on the ground. The problem is if a keeper is too good there isn't alot about.

• Like 2

The cost of running a pack for a year must be huge though?

fuel feed and time and housing 30/40 dogs won't be cheap

thats why most packs have summer shows and social events to raise funds

The cost of running a pack for a year must be huge though?

fuel feed and time and housing 30/40 dogs won't be cheap

thats why most packs have summer shows and social events to raise funds

Don't forget the Master's salary, housing costs and vehicles.

Cheers, D.

Just get a group of keen lads with dogs to do it for free they get the days out you get the job done win win on both sides

• Like 2