Price Per Day For Hounds

You shoot 70 foxes in one day ??? ........

Everyday were out :-p No, my bad punctuation, lol

Being a hunting man I refer to the guns are "fuckers" or similar, I'd never use such a word to describe old Charlie boy ;-p

Edited by Alimac2

£300 plus for a registered gun pack day on shoots up here, 400 for 2 days, 500 for 3 days & that's with a pack very much below par

I wouldn't say they are very much below par now with the new blood lines brought into the kennels :thumbs: if it's the pack I think your talking about.
It is indeed & I still think the same :-) you can have a Ferrari in the garage but it ain't much use if the driver isn't interested in going for a good spin ;-) until the young lad grows up & takes over it will always be the same.

Probably 90% of small packs would do it free of charge just for the love of it ,it isnt cheap to keep even a small pack going .We have 10 couple beagles and the weekly expense varies, price of food ,unexpected vet bills ,inocullations ,up keep of kennels ,bedding , worming ,keeping hounds in good form ,hound transport and how many of you got hound insurance ? on top of all this we would never ever dream of charging ,infact every christmas we travel around farms with a bottle or two for each farmer as a thankyou gesture because with out them theres no sport ,no sport is no need for hounds :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

The cost of running a pack for a year must be huge though?

fuel feed and time and housing 30/40 dogs won't be cheap

thats why most packs have summer shows and social events to raise funds

Don't forget the Master's salary, housing costs and vehicles.

Cheers, D.