Spewed It

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've a young dog on at the minute who's over two years old and is still piecing it together. Age is just a label, it's up to the owner to bring out what's in the terriers breeding. When did it become

With comments like that your everything I f***ing dispise about the terrier game, idiot !!!

In my opinion and my opinion only if a dog is given every chance in its first season and it doesn't end up working its a cull .You can dress it up all you like ,make excuses read the odd story about s

I just think leave it mate until you've got somets else like i said before another 6 months isn't going to make any difference if its stilll not going then do the right thing

I reckon that's sound advice, and you never know it may just surprise you.......

In the old days it may have been left with a trapped animal for a while. Often put the spark into it I'm led to believe

Unfortunately we don't have that luxury any longer

With comments like that your everything I f***ing dispise about the terrier game, idiot !!!

• Like 14

In my opinion and my opinion only if a dog is given every chance in its first season and it doesn't end up working its a cull .You can dress it up all you like ,make excuses read the odd story about second season succcesses but deep down you know its a failure .We should all be looking to produce stock that wants it from an early age not stuff that needs encouragement and for a dog to start work then tail off when in puppy places ,the minerals arnt there .Many will have different ideas ,some who have replied I'm surprised at but one thing is sure ,terriers will always be a talking point for those besotted .

• Like 11

In my opinion and my opinion only if a dog is given every chance in its first season and it doesn't end up working its a cull .You can dress it up all you like ,make excuses read the odd story about second season succcesses but deep down you know its a failure .We should all be looking to produce stock that wants it from an early age not stuff that needs encouragement and for a dog to start work then tail off when in puppy places ,the minerals arnt there .Many will have different ideas ,some who have replied I'm surprised at but one thing is sure ,terriers will always be a talking point for those besotted .

The majority of terriers should at least show their potential at a youngish age,not sure about the 1st season,ive a dog here that was bolting fox at 12 months,ive another that was pish until she was well over 2 years of age,she,s the best dog in the kennel now and would maybe have been a cull elsewhere,i knew her breeding and persevered were others might not.All terriers are individuals,even out of the same litter,patience is often rewarded,at other times a cull would have been more appropriate,yet many a mutt as rewarded a patient owner. Edited by morton
  • Like 5

I agree fox dropper but all i was saying is if he's got to wait till the summer for another dog he might aswell keep going with this dog till then and like i said if its still not doing it then do the right thing

• Like 1

You can tell if it hearts in the job,and if it's not it's not , and what's the point in feeding good grub to shit .and the dog would only piss me off for wasteing my time by taking it out. But that's only my opinion.

A decentish terrierman will read the dog and know if it wants it or not,or is not yet quite ready,an early cull as possibly buried more than its fair share of honest terriers and an owner with to much patience should get the shovel out sooner,at times,funny old world.
  • Like 3

Keep it for the shows, breed of it sell the pups then sell it aswell

The best working lurcher ive ever owned won shows,as also did the best digging dog ive ever had the fortune to set shovel to,id have them both again in the kennels,if only.Id agree that the majority of show stock is dross,yet the odd diamond comes from dirt.
  • Like 2

I would keep going, maybe it should of started, maybe not, get it out watching, nothing more, if possible start within earshot of the Dig, then keep tied up.

let him see you go out and leave him.

then tag along, chhangw his mind set a bit

Ive had plenty of Wankers ! But a lad I know had one and he tried it at 18 months, no walked after 5 min a couple of times,rested and tried it again and again all season, but no good ! So gave it to his younger cousin for bushing rabbits, he hunted it all spring and summer and killed a few rabbits and rats with it! Dog was fit and well hunted so he was stuck for a dog and brought on the dog at the start of this season and the dog has been dug 4 times and is mixing well! So now he has to get a different terrier for the cousin! Dog was nearly 2 and 1/2 before it started right! Now I know that's a freak one and that dog could jack but a terrier is only as good as it's last dig!

Neil Cooney said only CLOWNS say, , the dog is only good as its last dig.
explain y? Neil cooney knows it all does he?

Some have the good sense not to explain themselves and risk being persecuted by the stupid laws of this land. Safe to say I've seen enough feom my youngster to know he's worth bringing on. I wouldn't tolerate a coward, but learning the trade and seing a dog mature is a different thing.

• Like 2