Heat Lamps

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

" Work em hard,..and treat em like heroes"...

Mate I'm no electrision,,,and wouldn't attempt to wire a cable up to a proper light switch,,,,,,but you can just use an extension cable,,,,   It's all I have done,,,,drill a hole through my back doo

Can you spoil / make a dog soft ? that's out in all weathers ,every hour of the day/night ? I don't think so ....Any thing that can make my dogs life better and recovery quicker I will use ...

get good wheat straw or old duvet put in, a good greenhouse tube heater under a raised bed said it before put it on a timer plug with a frost detector simple. Or if no electric supply get good quality kennel coat the old greyhound lads use them cheap and warm as f**k and come the spring the dog doesn't have a Big thick coat to groom out.

What about the lads who have no elec running to there kennels ?

Mate I'm no electrision,,,and wouldn't attempt to wire a cable up to a proper light switch,,,,,,but you can just use an extension cable,,,,

It's all I have done,,,,drill a hole through my back door frame,,,take the plug off a length of extension,,,thread it through a similar hole in your kennel,,and across to your door and then put the plug back on and on to the nearest suitable socket,,,,

Instead of a door frame maybe a window frame ect,,,,or whatever suits the way your kennel and house are positioned

• Like 5

dogs get sores and stuff if you have an animal why not take care of it and atleast put a bit of carpet or straw in it??

They don't need heat lamps or bedding a dry draft free wooden box does them fine. No heat lamp on the field sat round a warren in the middle of winter is there.

dont need bedding ssh , you try sleep on a wooden floor in your house see how good it feels
They don't NEED bedding does them no harm at all, yes beddings a comfort but its not needed it won't kill a dog to sleep on a wooden surface.

Bring a dog in house in house and it will sleep on the sofa.that'd cause its comfy.a dog sleeping on cold ply will get arthritis fast.its been done to death on here.I'll say again if you run the dog hard.and fetch it home wet.cold fatigued.it needs z little artificial heat to dry them and settle em .

My dogs are whippet xs and dont have any heat lamps just insulated kennel and a couple blankets when i go get tjem in morning i stick my head in and you can feel the heat instantly.i would like to put a heat lamp in for when they have been working but cant get it out my head that kennel might catch fire i even bought a lamp

My dogs are whippet xs and dont have any heat lamps just insulated kennel and a couple blankets when i go get tjem in morning i stick my head in and you can feel the heat instantly.i would like to put a heat lamp in for when they have been working but cant get it out my head that kennel might catch fire i even bought a lamp

dont worry mate they dont get that hot.even it does the dog will run out anyway.ive been using them for years,just make sure the lamps not to close to dog and theres room for the dog to move away from lamp.also be sure the dog cant chew the elec wire,and the lamp.insulations fine but i find it needs a little heat to maintain warmth.

Some houses colder than good kennels at nite. Our house htg goes off at 11pm at nite & if i get up for a piss in the early hours hse is cold. Tried underfloor htg in kennel dogs didnt like walking on it used to sleep in run ??!!! Now use old duvets in beds only draw back is the pups keep dragging them into run & gdn so now fix em into beds. Heat lamp on in big kennel at night & during day aswell if needed. All my dogs have good jackets & would prob be ok with no htg but they all deserve the best i can provide. Good food Good exercise Good living conditions. Atb Dunc

• Like 2