Scotlands New Dd Limit

I made an absolute clanger of a mistake. I was totally.in the wrong, did my punishment, paid my fine and moved on. Unfortunately the law is what it is, even. 1 over and you get a mandatory 12 month ban.

Unfortunately mate yeah a little while later and I'd have been fine. Apparently they've proved that eating food is detrimental to sobering you up. It takes longer for the alcohol to be processed if you have a belly full of scran.

Rule of thumb is a unit per hour.

say you had 6 cans of carling the night before, will it be out of your system say by 6pm next day , plus if you had something to eat 5pm .? and does your size make any difference , know bloke I used to work with 17st who got bagged twice and passed ,and he had 3 pints each time .?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100% agree with this new law

I got caught the next morning, a crime most people (if they're truly honest) have committed. And I agree, there's a difference between having a party and going to the shops the next day at sunday lunc

f***ing stupid law. If the law can't decifer from a pissed up boy driving home from the pub and someone who had a few drinks the night before then we are all up shit creek. It's all about reaction ti

Big size defo helps there is a lot of factors that comes into it, all the cop shows ive watched over the years when a bloke gets caught just over the limit cops ask did u have breakfast and no was the reply, over the years when ive had a drink its me up early walk fresh air shower and breakfast with plenty of water..

f***ing stupid law. If the law can't decifer from a pissed up boy driving home from the pub and someone who had a few drinks the night before then we are all up shit creek.

It's all about reaction times and I'm pretty sure even after 4 pints I'd have quicker responses than a lot of drivers on the road.....especially elderly drivers.

So if I'm unfortunate to loose my license for having a bawhair of alcohol in my system from drinking the night before then I will in turn have to loose my job. I'll sell my house, go on the dole and get a council house.

Common sense looses out to the pc brigade again!!!

• Like 3

Yeah bird there's no exact science. a unit an hour is a rule of thumb but it's pretty accurate. 2.2 units in a pint of fosters (I think)

So if you start drinking.at 7pm and sank 5 pints, average joe would be ok to drive at 8am the next morning (always add an hour)

I actually bought myself a breathalyser for 50 quid and keep it in my glove box for the next day. Any doubt, give it a blast, if I fail, taxi to work. I'd sooner spend 20 quid on a taxi after a heavy night than to have to spend it every day for what feels like an eternity.

But there is always exceptions to the rule. I worked out what I drank on an all day bbq in the summer started at 2pm saturday right into the early hours sunday and wasn't able to drive legally again by this method until Tuesday dinner time...frightening

Edited by Its_grim_up_norf

1 pint will put you slightly over the limit. This is being brought into line with other European countries where they dont use the pint as a measure. 1 pint = 0.568 litres. What's the bets the pubs will start serving 500ml (half litre) measures? Sounds like a sneaky way to attack the traditional British pint to me, as much as anything else..

1 pint will put you slightly over the limit. This is being brought into line with other European countries where they dont use the pint as a measure. 1 pint = 0.568 litres. What's the bets the pubs will start serving 500ml (half litre) measures? Sounds like a sneaky way to attack the traditional British pint to me, as much as anything else..

Bet that does happen mate. I did wonder why the big brewerys did not try and hsve a say in this( maybe they did?) because they are the ones that will take a dunt in profits. They already will have taken a knock with the smoking ban.

What you have mentioned though would recoup some money though....annoys me!!!!

driving licence's are earnt and supposed to be seen as a privalge for those capable of drivng. there are rules and if you dont follow them you get points, fine's or bans

just dont drive if you dont like it as moaning wont change a thing..

driving licence's are earnt and supposed to be seen as a privalge for those capable of drivng. there are rules and if you dont follow them you get points, fine's or bans

just dont drive if you dont like it as moaning wont change a thing..

Great idea....maybe get myself a helicopter to get to work.

• Like 1