Scotlands New Dd Limit

We are in some changing times so yes we all know the law just a bit harsh thats all, i was ment to drive today but i didnt bother as i had 3 healthy whiskies last night hahahaha. 3 quarter of a pint and your over geez anyone want to buy my fiesta???

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100% agree with this new law

I got caught the next morning, a crime most people (if they're truly honest) have committed. And I agree, there's a difference between having a party and going to the shops the next day at sunday lunc

f***ing stupid law. If the law can't decifer from a pissed up boy driving home from the pub and someone who had a few drinks the night before then we are all up shit creek. It's all about reaction ti

I got caught the next morning, a crime most people (if they're truly honest) have committed. And I agree, there's a difference between having a party and going to the shops the next day at sunday lunch time for a few bits for your Sunday dinner, than stumbling out of the pub and into your car.

The limit is anything over 38 is a prosecution and I was 42. 0.4 over, but No leniency. However I agree with the new law.

If the law is zero tolerance there is no grey area, there is no "I might be alright" if you've had a drink the night before, you will not be alright. Simple, it removes doubt.

I did an alcohol awareness course also that opened my eyes to it all and how easy it is to be over the limit, how to also work out exactly what time you're safe to drive again.

I put it to the instructor/teacher on the course that it should be compulsory for new drivers to take the course.

• Like 3

I'm wholly against ANY drink driving; but surely this throws up a huge question of law; if someone from England is breathalized in Scotland and is just above Scottish limits, but below English limits, they will be banned in Scotland, but why should they be banned in England ? Why should another counries laws apply to England ? If some one gets banned in, say, Australia, the ban doesn't apply here !

There has just been a Lawyer on the radio, on this subject, if you are banned under the new limit in Scotland, you will also be banned in England.

I'm wholly against ANY drink driving; but surely this throws up a huge question of law; if someone from England is breathalized in Scotland and is just above Scottish limits, but below English limits, they will be banned in Scotland, but why should they be banned in England ? Why should another counries laws apply to England ? If some one gets banned in, say, Australia, the ban doesn't apply here !

There has just been a Lawyer on the radio, on this subject, if you are banned under the new limit in Scotland, you will also be banned in England.

The "human rights" lawyers and "celebrity" lawyers will love this ! Just wait until some rich guy gets done for being over the limit in Scotland, but under the limit in England ! What if he lives and works in England ? The lawyers will claim his "Human Rights" are being breeched if he is banned in England, as he has broke no law in England ! This will open a huge can of worms. The only way the government can get round this is to bring the rest of the UK into line with Scotlands drink driving laws.

Edited by Brigzy

I made an absolute clanger of a mistake. I was totally.in the wrong, did my punishment, paid my fine and moved on. Unfortunately the law is what it is, even. 1 over and you get a mandatory 12 month ban.

Unfortunately mate yeah a little while later and I'd have been fine. Apparently they've proved that eating food is detrimental to sobering you up. It takes longer for the alcohol to be processed if you have a belly full of scran.

Rule of thumb is a unit per hour.

Cash generator pure and simple.

Watch the volume of traffic police suddenly appear in the morning rush hour intent on catching people going to their work that have had a few beers the night before, bugger all to do with Joe Bloggs safety.

Some of the enthusiasts of this limit want to explain to me what exactly was wrong with the original one?.

• Like 2

Cash generator pure and simple.

Watch the volume of traffic police suddenly appear in the morning rush hour intent on catching people going to their work that have had a few beers the night before, bugger all to do with Joe Bloggs safety.

Some of the enthusiasts of this limit want to explain to me what exactly was wrong with the original one?.

easy to sort, if you are needing to use the car in the morning, you don't have a few beers the night before, or you walk to work, or train, bus, or taxi. end of. don't you think the Police don't already know if they stopped cars early Saturday morning they would catch the ones who had been out on the friday night.

But surely Countryjoe if you are over the new limit the morning after then in all likliehood you would have been also with the old limit.

So why change it?.

I,m totally against drink driving in the genuine sense of the act, but someone who drinks and drives will do so anyway.

From where I'm sitting the biggest loser here will be your average man who had a couple of shorts the night before and didn't have breakfast.

Does anyone actually think someone who narrowly fails a breath test now with the new levels can actually be classed as a drunk driver?, if that's the case then half of British people fit the description.