Scotlands New Dd Limit

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100% agree with this new law

I got caught the next morning, a crime most people (if they're truly honest) have committed. And I agree, there's a difference between having a party and going to the shops the next day at sunday lunc

f***ing stupid law. If the law can't decifer from a pissed up boy driving home from the pub and someone who had a few drinks the night before then we are all up shit creek. It's all about reaction ti

having seen what a drunk driver can do like killing a kid in this case i hope they bring it to the rest of the uk everyone knows the risk so theres no excuse ban them crush there car or sell it and give them a fixed fine of 5 grand fine a taxi costs on average what a tenner start making piss head drivers pay a extended test at a grand would be a start

• Like 1

I'm totally in agreement with the new lower limit, as are most of the people I've spoken with here in the village I live in, in Scotland.

One of the points talked about is how many drinks you can have at home in an evening, without being over the limit the following morning. I'm sure a few drivers will be caught out during the short term.

lets get something into perspective here as the general consensus seems to be hang all drink drivers out to dry, I agree that drink driving is a serious crime and can destroy peoples lives but all this new law will do is make even more come into the limit to be classed as being drunk at the wheel, do you realise that under this new proposed limit one spoon full of grannies sherry trifle classes you the same as the twat who gets into his car because he`s too pi**ed to walk home

Neil spot on, if i get caught over by a short bit theres noway im a bad bad driver and i bet i can still out drive most, now what is does make me is not complying with the new law or not understanding it, now before u all go potty i passed car and truck go ive never had a point on me and i do comply with laws but it all gone crazy again because if the serial drinkers who dont bother with insurance either, so lets say it zero what no drinking at nightime??? Geez what a pathetic boring country we are becoming...

Just listening to Radio Scotland, who are talking about the subject four drivers already been caught out next morning driving.

It appears if you are driving next morning after a few drinks, don't, get a taxi.

The problem will be how long you have to leave it, before driving next day.

people are buying cheap breathalyzer kits for £20 but would you trust losing your licence on a cheap bit of kit.

i worked on a detox ward, and regularly used the same breathalyzer as the police, and they always had to calibrated,

so i would not trust these kits.

I'm wholly against ANY drink driving; but surely this throws up a huge question of law; if someone from England is breathalized in Scotland and is just above Scottish limits, but below English limits, they will be banned in Scotland, but why should they be banned in England ? Why should another counries laws apply to England ? If some one gets banned in, say, Australia, the ban doesn't apply here !

Edited by Brigzy

So what is drink driving?? If im below the new ddl limit just im stil driving with drink in my system??? Its gone to far i say again i obey law but its the 2 and 3 times over limit that are twatts and stopping us living and enjoying a drink.

Edited by bracken boy