Air Arms S510 Silencer Problem

Have you tried any other mods? If it happens with others, then it could be down to how the pressure is exiting the barrel @ muzzle. As it shoots fine without any mod, if there was a pressure issue it wouldn't be noticed.

If it groups well with any other mod, then just ditch the Q Tec and get a twink :)

• Like 3

as the q-tec moderator is calibre specific and attaches to the shroud not the barrel there could be problems with alignment , if the barrel and shroud are not properly aligned and with less clearance due to the smaller hole the pellets will clip the moderator which will explain why it won't group with the moderator on , on mine I use the 585 mod which I believe you can use up to .25 calibre I have no issues with my .22. have a look on you tube at air arms hunting south Africa there he tests the q-tec on his .22 ultimate rip-off FAC and in the comments he has had the same problem but solved it by re-aligning the barrel and shroud.

personally I would ditch the q-tec and get the 585 you probably won't notice much difference and your quarry definitely won't tell at 50yrds .

also what pellets are you using I find the jsb exact at 18 grain work really great

• Like 3

585 should sort it, lets face it, its stood the test of time. Use one on my S410 and its very quiet in .22. I like Swift moderators as well, the Stumpy is a brilliant little gadget, I use one on a Gaystate Regal and it is whisper quiet, although you would need an adaptor.

• Like 1

as the q-tec moderator is calibre specific and attaches to the shroud not the barrel there could be problems with alignment , if the barrel and shroud are not properly aligned and with less clearance due to the smaller hole the pellets will clip the moderator which will explain why it won't group with the moderator on , on mine I use the 585 mod which I believe you can use up to .25 calibre I have no issues with my .22. have a look on you tube at air arms hunting south Africa there he tests the q-tec on his .22 ultimate rip-off FAC and in the comments he has had the same problem but solved it by re-aligning the barrel and shroud.

personally I would ditch the q-tec and get the 585 you probably won't notice much difference and your quarry definitely won't tell at 50yrds .

also what pellets are you using I find the jsb exact at 18 grain work really great

I've tried 3 different Q-tecs and the guns been back to Airarms and it still and still won't group with one on

So I have had the money back for the silencer I will shoot it with out on.

I shoot JSB's 15.9's and bisley magnums seems to like these.

Cheers

• Like 1

I've tried 3 different Q-tecs and the guns been back to Airarms and it still and still won't group with one on

So I have had the money back for the silencer I will shoot it with out on.

I shoot JSB's 15.9's and bisley magnums seems to like these.

Cheers

I usually feed my S410 with JSB 18gn. Got a box of Defiant Ogive ( 16gn ) to try a few months ago and wow! Expensive but a lovely bullet. Funny but cant get tight groups at zero range ( 30yds ) thats pellet through the same hole. However they do a two pence size grouping at that range. The real surprise was the effect on rabbits out to fifty yards, I am no ballistics whizz but that bullet expands and knocks over. Even killed with heart shots when the rabbits moved. No feed issues either, but, as I say a bit expensive.