Tikka T3 .223 Mag

I thought I was going mad because I was pretty sure the mag on my T3 used to hold 4 rounds but now only holds 3. There were varying opinions on here on whether it was actually a 3 or 4 round mag. The information on the Tikka website seems to contradict itself.

It's still an ongoing question. The time before last I went out it definitely held 4. I confirmed this with my lad. Last night it only held 3, also confirmed.

So now I know I'm not nuts, can these be dismantled and rebuilt to see what's hanging it up inside? It would have to be VERY easy as I only have one and I also have sausage fingers. :laugh:

I thought I was going mad because I was pretty sure the mag on my T3 used to hold 4 rounds but now only holds 3. There were varying opinions on here on whether it was actually a 3 or 4 round mag. The information on the Tikka website seems to contradict itself.

It's still an ongoing question. The time before last I went out it definitely held 4. I confirmed this with my lad. Last night it only held 3, also confirmed.

So now I know I'm not nuts, can these be dismantled and rebuilt to see what's hanging it up inside? It would have to be VERY easy as I only have one and I also have sausage fingers. :laugh:

Walshie, I'm sure mine holds five at a squeeze!

• Like 1

The standard T3 .223 mag holds 4 rounds of .223, you can of course get one more loaded, so you can go out with a total of 5 immediately at your disposal.

If you can only get 3 x .223 rounds in your standard .223 T3 magazine something is amiss!

:thumbs:

• Like 1

The standard T3 .223 mag holds 4 rounds of .223, you can of course get one more loaded, so you can go out with a total of 5 immediately at your disposal.

If you can only get 3 x .223 rounds in your standard .223 T3 magazine something is amiss!

:thumbs:

That's what I thought. I'll try to investigate, but I bet I end up buying another.

So you haven't consulted the t3 manual then?

Let me help, lol. Mine says to depress the rear of the plate/spring of the magazine with a screwdriver. Push it all the way down and it pops out.

Just tried it on my 25-06 and it worked a treat.

• Like 1

So you haven't consulted the t3 manual then?

Let me help, lol. Mine says to depress the rear of the plate/spring of the magazine with a screwdriver. Push it all the way down and it pops out.

Just tried it on my 25-06 and it worked a treat.

Thanks bookworm. You saved me a job. Now f**k off. :laugh: