Lamping Fish

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to do it in the harbour for pollack etc, bubble float with a starlight inside, have got an old sketch in a frame as well taken from an old book i think, they are in a boat going around the rocky coastline with a flaming torch (literally) and spearing lobsters and fish.

Its illegal so obviously i havent done it :whistling: , but when the sea trout come upstream if you shine your lamp into the pools on becks and streams they are there as plain as day ( apparently) . And if it was legal, you could gaff them, or treble hook them.

First did it on the Wear near the ice rink in Durham city for salmon and sea-trout,done it abroad for sea fish,and looked at rainbow trout and pike many,many times here in the south of england :icon_redface:

Was that at the bottom of the wall where the rippers get their fish by any chance :whistling:

First did it on the Wear near the ice rink in Durham city for salmon and sea-trout,done it abroad for sea fish,and looked at rainbow trout and pike many,many times here in the south of england :icon_redface:

Was that at the bottom of the wall where the rippers get their fish by any chance :whistling:

Hahaha,were you watching :hmm: Do they still do it nowadays?I got approx 130 fish out of the Wear one weekend,two of us working a tandem of nets,long time ago mate :icon_redface: