Big Punchers

Lovely lad Dennis not the sharpest tool in the box which always made him fun to be around !.....He had his moments of success in that fight,the ref was very kind to Hearns as well.....Typical of the determination Dennis lived his life by he virtually begged Manny Steward to train him after the Hearns loss and Manny obviously saw something in him and invited him over to train and the rest is history as they say......I was always a big Hearns fan years ago Dennis got him to sign a big picture that he sent over for me that i had hanging in the gym for years ended up auctioning it off for charity to a good young chap off here !.....Certainly wouldnt put Dennis in any sort of big puncher category but for sheer heart and desire they dont come much bigger.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favourite of all time.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY1jzjTjIhY

There is plenty of big punchers clips about but i like this one especially the tommy hearns ko of duran and how did larry holmes get up and win the fight after being flattened by earnie shavers.    

He done my old mucka Jimmy Mcdonnel a few years later......Jim was one of the fittest fighters ive ever seen but he went into the last round with Nelson on absolute empty he pushed him hard and just w

fookn hell what puncher , he looks as strong as hoss :thumbs:

:thumbs: Do you remember the beverly hillbillys bird max was jethros dad.

just about lol, bloody hell I didn't know that , :thumbs: he looked big bloke , how would have got on with todays heavyweight's ?

just about lol, bloody hell I didn't know that , :thumbs: he looked big bloke , how would have got on with todays heavyweight's ?

i would give him a punchers chance bird. :yes:

i would give him a punchers chance bird. :yes:

:thumbs:

Baer was actually suspended from boxing after killing one if his opponents, criminal charges were filed against him but later dropped, he was a ferocious puncher.

I seem to remember he was the father of the fella who played Jethro in the Beverley HillBillys (or did I dream it :D )?

Cheers, D.