17 Hmr At 100 Yards

i have been knocking around these forums for a while now and there is definately something in not cleaning them.not great for the barrel mind you might only get 15'000 rounds instead of 20'000 lol

what you got now elliot ?

Edited by zx10mike

i have been knocking around these forums for a while now and there is definately something in not cleaning them.not great for the barrel mind you might only get 15'000 rounds instead of 20'000 lol

Bought a Tikka T3 Varmint .223 with the HMR proceeds. Been shooting it over the weekend with my new Vortex Viper scope:

First Test: Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50:

You will always get a debate when you suggest that.

Clean barrels (as long as they are sound and true) will always shoot better than dirty barrels.

The problem is, in my opinion, society today expects instant results, many think a quick scrub and mop do the job, they don't, that will often make things worse and raise fouling, and leads to this all too common, "never clean it, I did and it took me 50 shots to get it shooting again". If you clean, be prepared to devote time to it and do it properly, how many clean this well, with a scrub between each?..........

post-10759-0-05380600-1417428683_thumb.jpg

Top row R-L, bottom row L-R

You may well be best to never clean rather than do half a job, but if you do it right the barrel will last, it will not change zero and it will be more accurate.

Ask any target shooter if he cleans or just leaves the barrel to get filthy!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker