Foreign Dogs

Just watched the video of the dogs tackling the wolfs and it got me thinking Britain is the home of the lurcher and has always had the best dogs but with the hunting ban and more and more people breeding for money will other country's that are still breeding best to best and running all types of quarry have better dogs in the future than we have here

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't believe britain always had the best running dogs ... I would say the countries of origin to each breed had and still have the best dogs as they havnt been curtailed by a stupid ban and they ha

Why not,everything else that came from Britain,we now suck at,tennis,football etc. Dogs bred in countries that utilise them still for providing most of their meat intake,or vermin control will surpas

He is coming on nicely mate ... He is just over a year old and 29 inches and 70lbs ... He is a f****r for cats and kills them for fun ...,he has had a few rabbits but hasn't run anything else yet ...

Why not,everything else that came from Britain,we now suck at,tennis,football etc.

Dogs bred in countries that utilise them still for providing most of their meat intake,or vermin control will surpass most British dogs,with only the few dedicated people who are prepared to test and cull their produce,will have anything to offer similar.

Go and scour the internet for a year,same numbers and locations crop up 2/3 times a year.so how are the dogs working an being tested if their just producing litters.

• Like 4

I don't believe britain always had the best running dogs ... I would say the countries of origin to each breed had and still have the best dogs as they havnt been curtailed by a stupid ban and they have hundereds of years of understanding of their breed ........

• Like 5

I don't believe britain always had the best running dogs ... I would say the countries of origin to each breed had and still have the best dogs as they havnt been curtailed by a stupid ban and they have hundereds of years of understanding of their breed ........

Socks, a little off topic, sort of, but do your parents still have that sloughi, and how is he shaping up? was a very nice pup that

• Like 1

Socks, a little off topic, sort of, but do your parents still have that sloughi, and how is he shaping up? was a very nice pup that

He is coming on nicely mate ... He is just over a year old and 29 inches and 70lbs ... He is a f****r for cats and kills them for fun ...,he has had a few rabbits but hasn't run anything else yet ... To be honest he has only just started to run properly and not like a gangly young giraffe .....

imagejpg1-27.jpg

• Like 4

He is coming on nicely mate ... He is just over a year old and 29 inches and 70lbs ... He is a f****r for cats and kills them for fun ...,he has had a few rabbits but hasn't run anything else yet ... To be honest he has only just started to run properly and not like a gangly young giraffe .....

imagejpg1-27.jpg

Cracker :thumbs:

Just watched the video of the dogs tackling the wolfs and it got me thinking Britain is the home of the lurcher and has always had the best dogs but with the hunting ban and more and more people breeding for money will other country's that are still breeding best to best and running all types of quarry have better dogs in the future than we have here

I think there will be people around the world, Australia, USA, Middle East, Russia, Spain, etc, who may not agree with your assertion that Britain has allways had the best dogs.

There are far more countries than Britain that have bred and adapted jukels to cover their hunting lifestyles,some of which are possibly a better reflection of the originals that were bred here i.e.,the Deerhoundy and Staghoundy mutts that originated here and lost their purpose decades ago.

Most of them countries have their own breeds yet still add British blood by mating or using a Brit dog in the pack ;)

Stand to be corrected here but ain't most of the Ozzie blood descended from imported british dogs?

There will be few hunting dogs throughout the world that cannot trace common ancestory to Britain,some yet few?. Edited by morton