Have been to my local gun shop to look at two rifles,hw100 karbine and aa s510 superlite.he only had the hw100 kt in and not the sporter.i shouldered both rifles scoped and un-scoped and both with the mamba lite.they both shouldered and fitted me well but was not too keen on the hw's thumbhole stock.both nice rifles and I can get the hw for only £100 more £650 s510-£750 hw100.you get 2x14 shot mags with the hw and a silencer so if you add the price for another aa mag and a silencer (which you don't get with the 510) it's almost the price of the hw.its now decision time on which one to buy,which one would you buy and why?

In a HW 100 KT .177 i shoot 52 shots - 4 x 14 shot magazines, i can shoot a 5th magazine of 14 shots when plinking at the range but when hunting i stick to no more than 4 magazines as the accuracy is absolutely spot on.

In all the time i have used the HW 100 for hunting i don`t think i have ever needed a 3rd,4th or 5th magazine.

atb

I think you can gather from the above posts that the HW is the better rifle

I've had a KT in different calibres and all I can say is the mag system is by far and away the best there is on an air rifle. Superb guns.

I've had the S410 and loved it but as said above the HW is in a different league

Well, I am pondering, old farts do that, an HW100. Have an S410, used almost daily for rabbits for five years. Got a Super Lite stock on it and never a problem. Its better handling than a thumbhole in my humble opinion. The 100 handles well with a sporter stock but is heavier. Consider if you are carrying it all day.

As to the lever action, I have tried both and there is not a lot to choose between them, both are very smooth and work well.

The 100 is better designed, flush magazine, separate safety. You can use lower or one piece mounts. AA still insist on the daft trigger safety and higher mounts needed make it bulky.

To work on, AA are easy. Parts are cheap and Rowan do lots of nice custom bits. The lack of regulator does not bother me. Its used for work. The carbine will give over 80 shots in .22 and over 70 in .17.

AA charging is better, the filter keeps the gunk out of the cylinder. If you want a polymer stock Staffordshire Custom Stocks do a nice one. It makes the rifle very light to carry.

Quality at AA has improved over the past few years, they are very nice to deal with.

So, choice is yours, I think they both have merits.

easy flip a coin heads for the 100 and tails for the 100 :laugh:

the s510 is a excellent rifle and own one myself but like the lads say the 100 is the standard bearer and as you put it you get 2 mags and a moderator nuff said.

Edited by shergar