You are far more likely to find a job as an underkeeper on a "commercial shoot" than private,so don't close the door on it bud!

Your "ex" headkeeper sounds like he didn't have a bloody clue, if he wasn't hitting the bag/shot count then he's not going to be there for many season's :huh:

Not all big shoot's are keeperd by numpties :thumbs: (mind you they are about)

Good luck :thumbs:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the days of beat/under keepers being treated like shit and living in a damp shit holes, should be behind us by now. I've worked for some arsehole headkeepers who never have a good word for you no matt

I had a friend who came into keepering at the age of 17,moved down from a shoot in derby,stayed at shoot 4yrs, but started to get the taste of life outside work, made more friends, started drinking wi

Best of luck in whatever you choose mate .Many on here and across the country will have endured the same but come through it .My gripe is that youngsters in general these days are quitters and i label

Aye anar what your saying mate but you have no idea how it was, I understand as an under keeper you are the estate bitch lol but it was just a joke when I mentioned my wages and not being able to afford anything and my mam was having to pay for me to eat he just said tough haha commercial isn't for me it's just no sport I want to be somewhere smaller but always busy doing something if you get me

i 110% now what your talking about border hunter. wont go into my details but quite similar to you. I will say you do have to take a bit of shit [BANNED TEXT] your young but you do have to enjoy your work and there are better employers out there who do give a toss about there underkeepers. Stick to your morals, work as hard as you can, meet and talk to as many people as you can and you will get what you want in the end if you want it bad enough. and are lucky enough. im in my mid twenties now and next year is looking very interesting for me because i have done all of the above. keep ya chin up best of luck keep us posted.

Another wannabe.

Your 18 not 30 you take what jobs are open to you. [BANNED TEXT] I was 18 I lived in a single axle caravan and earnt 80 quid a week

It's commercial shooting your there to do a job not there to have time off and parade about telling every one your a gamekeeper seen plenty of lads come and go all for same reason can't hack the work.

• Like 2

Another wannabe.

Your 18 not 30 you take what jobs are open to you. [BANNED TEXT] I was 18 I lived in a single axle caravan and earnt 80 quid a week

It's commercial shooting your there to do a job not there to have time off and parade about telling every one your a gamekeeper seen plenty of lads come and go all for same reason can't hack the work.

Another wannabe.

Your 18 not 30 you take what jobs are open to you. [bANNED TEXT] I was 18 I lived in a single axle caravan and earnt 80 quid a week

That's harsh

I suspect though you are spot on lol

If it's all you want to do you'd have stuck at it been in your exact shoes and stuck it now being offered decent jobs up and down the country

For a few years being skint and living off my folks all pays off.

Run along dreamer it's a long way to the top and you've allready jumped off the ladder

• Like 1

If it's all you want to do you'd have stuck at it been in your exact shoes and stuck it now being offered decent jobs up and down the country

For a few years being skint and living off my folks all pays off.

Run along dreamer it's a long way to the top and you've allready jumped off the ladder

• Like 1

Have to agree with turner .Too many young uns wanting to pick and choose work instead of getting their heads down .I expect you were sacked really for laziness .lol.Did you not get a share of the tips as this is now compulsory(stirring b*****d lol)Had you stayed you could of gone anywhere as people are usually aware of work loads on commercials but the sad fact is you have fuckxed up .When I started, life was as you described but I lived off the land instead of out of a tin .We had down 45 g of pheasants and 16 g of partridge so you will know what I'm talking about .ffs ,18 your just a doormat anyway .