H.w. 90 Owners.

I have been a H.W. fan for many years and have owned the 99,80, 77.

Like a fool sold them all. Due to my age I am about to make my last new air rifle purchase and one model

which gets little attention is the gas ram 90, which I am thinking about. Any owners with feedback please.

Cheers,

Phil.

The 90 is a cracking rifle from the ones I've shot myself. The thing is here, gas ram or spring? The 90's I've shot have been fast, real fast due to the ram. They kinda shock the shooter. Not being one to have shot that many gr rifles. It's all a much of a muchness. You'll only know what feels best. After the rifles you've owned, it's clear you have had the best of them, so it's perhaps a question only you can answer.

As a passing thought, consider the 97. You haven't owned one and I would personally recommend them. Get it tuned and cleaned up and my god.

I had a .177 HW90k which I sold about 6 months back and regret selling ?it was a very solid well built heavy rifle probably similar to the hw80 which you have owned so should be no problem.like others have said it had a very quick straight back firing cycle but once you get used to it the 90 is a very accurate rifle.I really liked the elite trigger and resettable safety aswell.i used it to great effect up at the farm on the bunnies and woodies.bought a s200 mk3 .177 recently which is brilliant but I do miss shooting the 90.something satisfying about hunting with a recoiling breakbarrel and getting a nice clean kill first shot. Only thing to mention is that mine was was quite hard to cock for some people due to the gas ram.

• Like 1

Cracking rifles, mate!

I've owned or used pretty much all of HW's springers and my 90 is the one that I've always hung on to. I got it new in 1996 and it's served me faultlesly pretty much since then. It gets used all year round in all weathers and it's spot on. I'd echo some of the above replys that gas-rams can be a bit of an aquired taste, the recoil is sharper and quicker than a steel spring but that's no bad thing. The lock time's very fast and so long as you keep a very gentle and consistant hold on the thing they are as accurate as any other springer you can name.

Go for it and enjoy.