Manx New Kid

Hello everyone. After spending a few weekends hunting with my friend and his air rifles ( and having a brilliant time). I have decided to buy my first air rifle. I have read as much as i can and I really like the look of the air arms tx200, weihrauch hw97k and interestingly my local shop has a second hand webley eclipse in top condition. The eclipse will be around £250 including scope but it is very hard to get any info on the eclipse so would appreciate any advice. Obviously the tx200 and hw97k are class acts but will cost much more. Like I say I would love advice on all the rifles especially the eclipse. I will be using the rifles for hunting in the main opting for .22. Cheers

Alright man. I kinda disagree with the above, 22 can be every bit as accurate and clinical as 177, you just have to know your aim points... 177 is for those that don't like to think about the shot ;) ha. I use 177 myself before any one kicks off, but you know what I mean.

Go for the 97. You'll learn so much from it and it'll last longer than you will.

I am opting for the .22 because I will be using the rifle for hunting also all the boys I go out with shoot 22's so it's easier all round. It's tricky on the Isle of Man to find a range of rifles in stock to get the feel of. How ever I will be back in England over Christmas to have a good look. I am using a friends hammerli 550 at the mo to get the practice in.

• Like 1